Potential DC for Next Year

slugboy

Staff member
The obvious question about him is, was it him or Elko? IIRC Duke had a good D in '22 before Santucci arrived.
They improved this season, fwiw

IMG_0354.jpeg

We’re the top line in this comparison (worse)

IMG_0355.jpeg

@L41k18 the numbers are interesting—but references and knowing people is more important. Relying on Key to know who is a good coach. Looks like we’re in the market for an up-and-comer

Last edited:

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a POS and a mutt through and through
He's as much a mutt as Brett Seither and Dominic Blaylock. Those two have degrees from UGA and helped them win national championships, yet they were welcomed with open arms to Tech. Doubt Muschamp is gonna be a candidate, but if he was willing to come to Tech and help this defense get better, I don't care where he went to school.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
He's as much a mutt as Brett Seither and Dominic Blaylock. Those two have degrees from UGA and helped them win national championships, yet they were welcomed with open arms to Tech. Doubt Muschamp is gonna be a candidate, but if he was willing to come to Tech and help this defense get better, I don't care where he went to school.
Muschamp was roomates with kirby so you still believe that

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am not so down on Marco as some. I would not be unhappy if Santucci is made co DC with Sherrer if Key thinks that is the best way to go and we keep Marco as DL coach.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I am not so down on Marco as some. I would not be unhappy if Santucci is made co DC with Sherrer if Key thinks that is the best way to go and we keep Marco as DL coach.
I doubt that happens. You would end up with four defensive coaches. Two of which coach the line and the two coach the linebackers. At best, only one of Marco or Sherrer are staying as on field coaches and most likely both are gone

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
If Coleman and Sherrer aren't retained I'd love to know the behind the scenes story of why they were still involved on the field and recruiting for longer than Thacker and Tillman.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
If Coleman and Sherrer aren't retained I'd love to know the behind the scenes story of why they were still involved on the field and recruiting for longer than Thacker and Tillman.
The answer to the Thacker and Tillman part is that someone leaked their status before we wanted that to occur. Both of them were still out recruiting for us when it leaked and we then had to pull them back and officially get them into non-recruiting positions so we could get others into them. Had the leak not occurred I imagine they would have kept recruiting and coached in the bowl game.

At least I think that’s what happened and why. Mainly combining educated guesses with what we saw happen.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Is that Multiple Sources' cousin?

:)

Thats confidential! But, they are distantly related.

This is an awkward and closely kept family secret, but there have been a few "kissing cousin" marriages that were a little too...close, shall we say?...and which resulted in multiple confidential sources situations.

(And some great banjo music.)