Potential DC for Next Year

slugboy

Staff member
I never saw anything that indicated the leak came from inside GTAA. Do you have additional info?
I thought best guess was that it came from a SA or associate of the two affected individuals.
It’s all going to be rumors, but the last one I saw was that it was an associate who leaked on purpose

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The articles title says, "GT promotes Sherrer to DC." Not sure what more you want.
I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. Based on this last remark, we may be saying the same thing. Please read what I’m writing carefully.

I’m saying Sherrer is the DC. He is not an interim DC, he is the DC. So all these people who have been adding the “interim” adjective to his title should stop unless they have definitive information that the positional change was not permanent. Key himself said there weren’t going to be any additional defensive staff changes when he was interviewed in Tampa.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I think we see Buster leave after another good year next year for a G5 HC job or top-15 OC job, and Weinke takes the reins of the offense in 2025. Buster has been really good but he hasn't shown enough yet to get hired for the TAMU, Penn State, or Oklahoma OC vacancies (all of which are already filled), and going to an open Colorado or Mississippi St or Pitt OC spot is more or less a lateral move.

Busters son plays high school football at Oconee County and doesn’t graduate until 2026. Sure Buster may take another job but he has learned from Kirby that just because you are a head coach doesn’t mean it’s the best job available. Remember Buster took an offensive analyst job instead of staying as the OC at Southern Miss. Kirby Smart was rumored to be everyone’s coach while the DC at Alabama but he instead waited for the job he wanted.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. Based on this last remark, we may be saying the same thing. Please read what I’m writing carefully.

I’m saying Sherrer is the DC. He is not an interim DC, he is the DC. So all these people who have been adding the “interim” adjective to his title should stop unless they have definitive information that the positional change was not permanent. Key himself said there weren’t going to be any additional defensive staff changes when he was interviewed in Tampa.
You are arguing semantics. Who cares?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You are arguing semantics. Who cares?
It's not semantics. It very much matters. The term "interim" indicates that it's not a permanent position. That term has never been used with Sherrer, so anyone who uses it insinuates that the job is not his without a basis. CBK has made no such statement. Show me where CBK has said the DC position is open.

Seems you're more interested in arguing than admitting that you either misread what was said or are putting forth a position that isn't defensible. Carry on.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I do think all the signs point Sherrer being here next year. The title, the continued recruiting, the lack of his inclusion in the leak about coaches being replaced…

I also wouldn’t be shocked if he went back as a “co-“ if there was a slam dunk opportunistic hire, but his promotion was presented and continues to be presented in a much more firm way than Key’s was.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
It's not semantics. It very much matters. The term "interim" indicates that it's not a permanent position. That term has never been used with Sherrer, so anyone who uses it insinuates that the job is not his without a basis. CBK has made no such statement. Show me where CBK has said the DC position is open.

Seems you're more interested in arguing than admitting that you either misread what was said or are putting forth a position that isn't defensible. Carry on.
Dude, you would argue with God himself and could never see or admit that you’re wrong.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

Whatever. You should go yell at your wall about the paint color. This argument is stupid. My use of the word interim matters to no one but pedantic fools who nit pick semantics.

By the way, I ain't the one arguing. You are.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

First, I agree with you that it's not just semantics. Second, the bolded statement can be applied to most of the posts of the font you're arguing with.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Whatever. You should go yell at your wall about the paint color. This argument is stupid. My use of the word interim matters to no one but pedantic fools who nit pick semantics.

By the way, I ain't the one arguing. You are.
I'm not trying to argue with you. I was asking a legitimate question that led you to think I was arguing with you. I'm not. There is a difference between an interim title (in that position until the position is filled permanently) and being named to the position. I was legitimately asking if it had been reported somewhere that Sherrer was the "interim" DC instead of just being named the DC. One indicates that there will be a search to permanently fill the role at the end of the season, while the other indicates the position has already been filled. It has spiraled since then. It's not semantics, it's not pedantic, and it doesn't need to be an argument.

I was asking for clarification and it seems you felt I was attacking you. That wasn't my intent.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Everybody bring it in....

Bring It In Group Hug GIF by MLB

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not trying to argue with you. I was asking a legitimate question that led you to think I was arguing with you. I'm not. There is a difference between an interim title (in that position until the position is filled permanently) and being named to the position. I was legitimately asking if it had been reported somewhere that Sherrer was the "interim" DC instead of just being named the DC. One indicates that there will be a search to permanently fill the role at the end of the season, while the other indicates the position has already been filled. It has spiraled since then. It's not semantics, it's not pedantic, and it doesn't need to be an argument.

I was asking for clarification and it seems you felt I was attacking you. That wasn't my intent.
I did not think you were attacking me. I did not know what you wanted until you started to argue over the word "interim". To which I responded, "who cares?" At no point have I argued whether the word "interim" is accurate because I do not care. It is silly to even argue or discuss it.

You then, falsely, suggested I would rather argue with you than admit I was wrong or I am putting forth an indefensible position. I ain't arguing with you, but even if I was, I am not putting forth an indefensible position. I don't have a position to defend. I just don't care to argue over the word "interim ".

Last edited:

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

So, we good?

If so, let's talk coaching. I still think we make more changes on defensive staff even if Sherrer stays as DC.

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Busters son plays high school football at Oconee County and doesn’t graduate until 2026. Sure Buster may take another job but he has learned from Kirby that just because you are a head coach doesn’t mean it’s the best job available. Remember Buster took an offensive analyst job instead of staying as the OC at Southern Miss. Kirby Smart was rumored to be everyone’s coach while the DC at Alabama but he instead waited for the job he wanted.
North Oconee...we don't like Oconee County:)