Potential DC for Next Year

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For some of the coaches being recommended, what makes them good? What are they good at? What are they good at today?

TFG was supposed to be a DB “whisperer” who brought “mayhem”, and we saw how that worked out. Deion was supposed to bring good defense, but Colorado’s defense was worse than ours, even with star defensive players on it. Name recognition is great and all, but does it really mean the coach brings something we need?

In fairness, TFG definitely brought mayhem. Unfortunately though, it was like the beginning of the Jetsons when George got caught on the treadmill.

So we were all yellin', "JANE! Stop this crazy thiiiiiinggg!"

Oh No Oops GIF by Boomerang Official

slugboy

Staff member
In fairness, TFG definitely brought mayhem. Unfortunately though, it was like the beginning of the Jetsons when George got caught on the treadmill.

So we were all yellin', "JANE! Stop this crazy thiiiiiinggg!"

Oh No Oops GIF by Boomerang Official
I almost brought that up—not the Jetsons reference, but this
Shocked Oh No GIF by Laff

Key has seen Sherrer every day for most of a season. He should know if Sherrer can get it done by now. If he can’t, then find someone who can.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
It’s been almost two weeks since our last game and we haven’t heard a peep about this search, so I would think that implies there is no search and Sherrer is the guy, but wouldn’t there be an announcement about him getting the job and losing the interim label?

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s been almost two weeks since our last game and we haven’t heard a peep about this search, so I would think that implies there is no search and Sherrer is the guy, but wouldn’t there be an announcement about him getting the job and losing the interim label?
I believe some other posters have mentioned some interviews they’ve heard about behind the scenes. I specifically recall someone mentioning the former Mississippi State coach, who was the DC before Coach Leach passed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
CBK has said categorically he expects change on the staff in places, but that he won't be addressing anything until after the bowl game.

ETA: The new administration doesn't play the same leaky game as previous regimes. The professionalization that JBatt has brought is on full display here.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
CBK has said categorically he expects change on the staff in places, but that he won't be addressing anything until after the bowl game.

ETA: The new administration doesn't play the same leaky game as previous regimes. The professionalization that JBatt has brought is on full display here.

Ahhhh it’s been so long since we’ve had a bowl game I forgot that these things often happen after the bowl game because we’re technically still “in season”. That makes sense.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe some other posters have mentioned some interviews they’ve heard about behind the scenes. I specifically recall someone mentioning the former Mississippi State coach, who was the DC before Coach Leach passed.
There have absolutely been interviews. I just can't don't know if it's for position coaches or coordinators. I'm not far enough up the food chain to know.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There have absolutely been interviews. I just can't don't know if it's for position coaches or coordinators. I'm not far enough up the food chain to know.

Keep swimmin' little fishy. The get-bak coach needs to know some news.

Honestly though, if a guy has interviewed, and it's not clear it's for the DC position, likely it's for a position coach gig right? An obvious candidate would be obvious, no?

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Keep swimmin' little fishy. The get-bak coach needs to know some news.

Honestly though, if a guy has interviewed, and it's not clear it's for the DC position, likely it's for a position coach gig right? An obvious candidate would be obvious, no?
Basically all I was told is that interviews have and will be taking place. I don't have any names...or dates...or what positions they're filling...or any real facts for that matter. IIWII

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
There's gonna be news in the next few days...possibly leaked sooner. I was told "significant changes on that side of the ball". I guess they knew I wouldn't keep it quiet. Sorry.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Basically all I was told is that interviews have and will be taking place. I don't have any names...or dates...or what positions they're filling...or any real facts for that matter. IIWII

There's gonna be news in the next few days...possibly leaked sooner. I was told "significant changes on that side of the ball". I guess they knew I wouldn't keep it quiet. Sorry.

I have a friend wo is connected to the GTAA as well. They are much more tight lipped since Batt took over, but I can confirm everything @AugustaSwarm has said here with one addition: not all of the interviews have been for defensive staff.

What I have been led to believe is that Key is expecting several coaches to either move on or be moved on, and is interviewing possible replacements.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have a friend wo is connected to the GTAA as well. They are much more tight lipped since Batt took over, but I can confirm everything @AugustaSwarm has said here with one addition: not all of the interviews have been for defensive staff.

What I have been led to believe is that Key is expecting several coaches to either move on or be moved on, and is interviewing possible replacements.

I can confirm the get-bak coach is safe.

Bow Thank You GIF by Out of Office