Postseason Chances?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Monday morning Bracketology from Jerr Palm.

GT is in the last 4 in (as are Syracuse - 1 spot in front of GT and Wake - 2 spots behind).

First Four out are Ark, Pitt, Miss, RI.

ACC with 11 in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Nothing has really changed that much. We simply need wins. I firmly believe 18-12 will get GT in due to the quality of wins GT has.
The importance of 18-12 is two fold - one, it puts GT 6 games over .500, 2 it guarantees at least 1 road win against a bubble quality team or better.

I think on the whole the weekend results were a slight benefit to GT - alot of bubble teams lost.

VT beating UVA really has no effect on GT's chances. We played both once so it is a wash for RPI. VT was higher on the S curve anyways, that win only makes it really likely that VT gets in. They really weren't on the bubble heading into the weekend and are less so now.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Worrying about other teams this far out is a waste of time, imo. Some bubble teams will do well, others will fade. Moving into the field is directly in GT's hands. We are competing for bubble love with Syracuse who we play twice on the hardwood. Everyone who can needs to get to McCamish next Sunday night if at all possible. The most important thing in all the bubble scenarios is that Georgia Tech does well, and at minimum does not fade.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agree it's too early to worry about bubble teams and in hindsight VT winning doesn't effect us. I was just looking at any loss by a bubble team helps. Like I said though, we control our fate. 4-2 finish should do it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haven't heard anything on Q. Given in his postgame comments Pastner said it was the same ankle that Q hurt against ND, my belief is it is something he will have to play on as best he can for the rest of the season and hopefully he can gut it out most of the time. I don't expect it to be fully healed the rest of the season.

I'm sort of expecting to see alot of the small lineup the rest of the way.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haven't heard anything on Q. Given in his postgame comments Pastner said it was the same ankle that Q hurt against ND, my belief is it is something he will have to play on as best he can for the rest of the season and hopefully he can gut it out most of the time. I don't expect it to be fully healed the rest of the season.

Lammers in the HP with Jax on the block. Sounds funny saying that out loud. It's just backwards enough to be effective

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Worrying about other teams this far out is a waste of time, imo. Some bubble teams will do well, others will fade. Moving into the field is directly in GT's hands. We are competing for bubble love with Syracuse who we play twice on the hardwood. Everyone who can needs to get to McCamish next Sunday night if at all possible. The most important thing in all the bubble scenarios is that Georgia Tech does well, and at minimum does not fade.

They're all critical at this point, but this will be the big one for us. I'm not really expecting a W on Wed. night, but we will need the Cuse game to have a shot.

Win that one and I think that NCSU has quit and I think that we can get Pitt as well. They will put us at 18 - 13 assuming we don't steal one on the road - Squarely on the Bubble, but I think that we would at least get a Play-In game.

Then if we win one in the ACCT, we are in...Just this idiots opinion. First we have to protect home court!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

I hope we get Q back just fo rebounding if nothing else. That isn't BC's strength so we can survive a small lineup. Against longer teams not sure we can make it work. Unlike VT we don't shoot incredibly well and don't have one guy we can put up top and say take over so I am not sure we can force others to go small as VT forced UVA to last night. I pu my second big on Heyward or Moore - dare them to shoot - and the go tell him to pound the offensive boards.

Miami is +6 in rebounding and that could go higher with our small lineup. That would be hard to overcome

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The small lineup does not scare me with rebounding bc Lammers is a great rebounder and Okogie rebounds like a man. Good guard rebounding across the board. Man I hope we can pull out a W this week.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully we don't have to experience this, but the NIT is going to try some experimental rules. Most notably, 10 minute segments, with two foul shots being taken after the fourth foul in each segment.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's crazy. It will totally change the way end of games are played. There will be less come-backs and probably less drama. It will also probably speed up the last 3 minutes of a game because the fouling will result in an automatic 2 shots, no one-and-one.

Not sure I like this. Trying to push more scoring.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
ESPN Monday Bracket has GT First Four out (TN and IND immediately in front, Wake directly behind).

interesting Lunardi still has Clemson in (next to last in) despite being 3-9 in ACC.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
The talk of Clemson even being on the bubble is silly at this point. They are getting a lot of mileage out of those close losses. At some point, you have to WIN games to get in to the Big Dance.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
In today’s news, someone bored at work came up with useless new college bball rules in 10 minutes to pretend like he’s been working on something the past 2 weeks.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The talk of Clemson even being on the bubble is silly at this point. They are getting a lot of mileage out of those close losses. At some point, you have to WIN games to get in to the Big Dance.

Seth Greenberg is obviously putting these bracket projections together. EVERYONES IN