Postgame: UGA 31-GT 23

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Were you at the game? There is no way that we had anywhere near 50% of the attendance. 70% is conservative. It might well have been 80% mutts in our house last Saturday. There were points where the uga cheers were drowning out the GT band and I sit right above the band.
Are you serious? If so, you must be color blind. :ROFLMAO:

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
There are lots of Uga fans who are unable to go to games in Athens because they can't get tickets. So every other year they buy for the Tech game. I talked to one in line for beer on Saturday. He was really happy to be able to see his team live, CofH was the only game he is able to get into.

I expected the upper north to be Red. Looking across the field at the Gold seats filled with Dawgs is what bothers me. The owners of those seats are people should do better. It's a terrible look for TV.
Yes, obviously tons of mutt fans buy tickets to cofh. More mutt fans do than GT fans it appears. The question is whether mutt fans buy GT season tickets just to get a ticket to cofh. I have read that several times on this board, but I have a hard time believing that actually happens.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yes, obviously tons of mutt fans buy tickets to cofh. More mutt fans do than GT fans it appears. The question is whether mutt fans buy GT season tickets just to get a ticket to cofh. I have read that several times on this board, but I have a hard time believing that actually happens.
I don't know how widespread the practice is, but back when I was employed at Ugag I heard some of my coworkers talk about doing that.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
We were in the lower west and it felt like a 60/40 split in our section leaning toward Tech. But looking at the upper North was mostly red.

The nice part of the game was we were making it competitive and staying in it so the Dwags did not build up too much (Compared to other games I have been at). I think they were looking forward to killing us and it did not happen

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
On tv there was no apparent sea of red when they panned the crowd, and when uga was on offense the Tech fans sounded louder than vice versa to me. It would make a big difference visually if all Tech fans would wear Gold or yellow. The uga band was louder on tv than GT’s but i believe that was because of mic placement. I was struck that they never showed a pan or overhead of Bobby Dodd with the night skyline, during the AU/Bama game they must have shown overhead shots 20 freaking times.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Are you serious? If so, you must be color blind. :ROFLMAO:

Nope, I am not color blind and I was at the game. I am also not deaf. The Lower North and Lower West were the only sections that any semblance of balance for GT fans. The upper west, upper north, and almost the entirety of the east stands were red. Even the south student stands had a fair bit of red in it.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Nope, I am not color blind and I was at the game. I am also not deaf. The Lower North and Lower West were the only sections that any semblance of balance for GT fans. The upper west, upper north, and almost the entirety of the east stands were red. Even the south student stands had a fair bit of red in it.
As I suggested, look at some of the scoring videos and you'll see that the lower east on the north end is nowhere near majority mutt fans. You have to notice who stands and cheers when UGAg scores though, otherwise your eyes trick you into thinking those is dark coats go with the red and not the gold.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game also. Most of our fans had on blue or black outer wear due to the cold which doesn't contrast well with the red as stated in the post above.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
How much would it cost to buy all non-season ticket seats for the ga game every other year? It would be a great fundraising project. Give them away to schools, police, firefighters, nurses. Etc. Only condition is you must wear gold or white. 😂

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
As I suggested, look at some of the scoring videos and you'll see that the lower east on the north end is nowhere near majority mutt fans. You have to notice who stands and cheers when UGAg scores though, otherwise your eyes trick you into thinking those is dark coats go with the red and not the gold.
We should go neon yellow next time the dogs come to town.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Blue sweat shirt s and dark coats did not help the perception, but I'd believe 50-60% uGA fans. Lots of red in the upper decks (single game tickets) and lots of the "regular crowd" areas had lots of red in them. In the regular crowd areas 25 - 50% red or dark coats/sweatshirts.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
The "commentators" (sic) were saying 70%+ UGA fans. They mistake GA Tech navy blue for UGAg black, especially at night. I think at most it was likely 50/50, probably more like 60/40 Tech just from the TV screenshots. At one point there was a shot from the field near the north end zone of the west stands and they looked pretty solid GA Tech - lower and upper. East and south stands looked 50/50 to me, maybe even 60/40 UGAg. North was had to tell, but the lower north was pretty full with students and Tech fans.
All I know is it was really loud on TV at the appropriate times for Tech, but I couldn’t hear much at logical times for the pups.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
there's probably more gagger alums than Tech alums in Metro Atlanta. Not sure why any of this surprises anyone. Folks can point fingers all they want, but I doubt alums alone are going to fill it up.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
There you go, right before kickoff. Even though the club seats were not filled yet, doesn’t look anything like 70% mutts. When filled in, club seats looked >50% Tech. I’m in lower west, we were mostly Tech.

What a beautiful night shot of BDS! Enjoy!

1701136049815.jpeg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was fairly even, but maybe a little more GT fans than UGA's (Maybe 55/60 GT to 45/40 UGA). Pictures don't do the actual GT fan attendance justice because the red UGA "pops" more than most of the darker colors worn by GT fans.

Give UGA fans credit for being more color coordinated than GT fans. That's one thing we need to work on. White and Gold are very difficult cold weather colors. Not much available for those colors in terms of winter clothing...especially for men. For me, I had a navy blue quarter zip GT pullover, but had to wear my forest green Patagonia jacket over it because it was cold.

Dark colors just blend into the night on TV and if you aren't looking closely if you're there.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought it was fairly even, but maybe a little more GT fans than UGA's (Maybe 55/60 GT to 45/40 UGA). Pictures don't do the actual GT fan attendance justice because the red UGA "pops" more than most of the darker colors worn by GT fans.

Give UGA fans credit for being more color coordinated than GT fans. That's one thing we need to work on. White and Gold are very difficult cold weather colors. Not much available for those colors in terms of winter clothing...especially for men. For me, I had a navy blue quarter zip GT pullover, but had to wear my forest green Patagonia jacket over it because it was cold.

Dark colors just blend into the night on TV and if you aren't looking closely if you're there.
Agree with this. The only swath of white was the band section, otherwise most of the Tech fans wore dark colors - primarily navy - and some gold.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? What is important is there was a butt in every seat and the GTAA made the maximum amount of revenue possible off of the event. Green is more important than Red/Black or Gold/White.

Go Jackets!

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Put amber colored lights in the stadium. Then white and gold will stand out. Red, black, and blue will all look gray. Get Dos Equis or somebody to sponsor. Everyone wins except the Butt Sniffers.