Postgame: UGA 31-GT 23

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Who cares? What is important is there was a butt in every seat and the GTAA made the maximum amount of revenue possible off of the event. Green is more important than Red/Black or Gold/White.

Go Jackets!

From your post, itsit safe for me to surmise that you weren't in attendance. Because if you were there, it most certainly matters. The unpleasantness of their fan base makes the game less than what it should be if the attendance ratio - home vs visiting fans - was more in line with what you see in other games (imo).

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No, I live in South Carolina and am in my 70's now so that is enough of a reason for me to stay home. I have been to many of the games over the years and know of what you speak. It's hard to bear getting your butt kicked and having some half drunk inbred barking at you at your own field. Just another reason that I stopped going a while back. We just have to get back to being competitive with the mongrels and this will work itself out. Saturday was a good start in that direction.

Go Jackets!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
...or if you're bougie:

Hard to imagine a GT football season ticket holder not having a gold or yellow piece in their winter, outerwear wardrobe. Budget or bougie doesn’t matter.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Saw a smattering of them, but maybe a good opportunity for the AA to give out the white or white & gold streamers to every tech fan at the gate. Those certainly pop, look good on TV and would help with the differentiation.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Hate losing but can you imagine being an Auburn fan?
Yep. I was in a whole house full of them. Those varmints breed like rabbits. The shouts of joy when the center hiked the ball passed Milrose (spelling?) nearly raised the ceiling. The depression following the miracle pass and grab was worthy of a Shakespeare tragedy absent a room of dead bodies and there were a few ready to slit their wrists. Milrose is one hell of a quarterback. UGA best not underestimate Alabama. I think that UGA is the better team as this Alabama defense is not up to the usual Saban standards but Milrose has more lives than a 9 lives Morris commercial.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What always cracks me up about 6iar is that they follow it up with the fact they’ve won 29 games in a row, the most in sec history. We aren’t the only ones losing to them. The difference between us and UF? They snuck one win in these last 7 years.

I had a long conversation with a Georgia fan that I’m friends with and they truly think they will always be on top. Their last two teams were very good top to bottom. But just like FSU in the 90s, Miami and VT in the early 2000s, Clemson in the 2010s, you can’t stay on top forever.
That was the least impressive uga team we have faced since Kirby’s first year. We just need to keep improving and they will come back to earth a bit, then we can start winning our share.
That was the impression I got from the cursory watching them in bits and pieces all season. They are not the equivalent of the last two editions. This has been disguised in Potemkin village fashion with a schedule that is ranked 60th in the nation. Then again they have won all year and deserve to be number one until someone knocks them off and I had not been that impressed with Alabama until I got to watch Milrose in a complete game. He is the real deal.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You know what I really like about Brent Key? He HATES Georgia. He hates them with a passion. He wants to beat them more then anybody else on our schedule. That will take the program in a good direction if the recruiting holds up.
Just like Spurrier. He needs to accumulate a few zingers like Steve would throw at UGA. "Georgia has all these great recruiting classes...I don't know what happens to them after that." In all the time Florida played UGA while he was coach, he was a constant thorn in their side. If the talent was reasonably close, it was no contest, the Gators won. Key can be just like that with more talent especially on defense.