Postgame: ND 31-GT 13

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20241021_151251_Chrome.jpg

View of the Tech side. Lots of empty seats at the end of the 1st quarter.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
According to Stinger's and UGABlows's posts, if they are close to being accurate, total attendance was 47,357, Tech fans 31,587, and ND fans 15,770 if my math is correct. Pretty close in my opinion.

Jolly Good Fellow
Well … I see a lot of gripping about the OL here. What fonts need to remember is that OL performance is dependent on performance by the rest of the backfield, especially the QB. Our OL has graded out better then usual because King gets rid of the ball quickly, he is great at running QB draws, the option, and he can scramble with the best of them, and as a consequence opposing Ds don't get to rush with abandon. Butttttt … we didn't have King yesterday. Pyron did ok, but he can't do some of the things King can and that made the OL - and the rest of the running game too boot - look dicey yesterday.

Tech gets King back and all of a sudden the OL will look ok again. Same with the D and Efford, btw. Your best players on both sides of the ball make everyone else look a lot better.
As someone wrote here earlier, “ sometimes, they are just better than you”…. and this is irrefutable fact. How could this be a “surprise” to OC and HC? Perhaps, we should have designed blocking schemes that “ helped out” our over-matched OL at point of attack? Oh well. I’m reading Alabama chats and they hate their OL, too.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
As someone wrote here earlier, “ sometimes, they are just better than you”…. and this is irrefutable fact. How could this be a “surprise” to OC and HC? Perhaps, we should have designed blocking schemes that “ helped out” our over-matched OL at point of attack? Oh well. I’m reading Alabama chats and they hate their OL, too.
They’re called double-teams.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I was there too, not even close, like you said the upper tier wasn't even open and the middle tier was half-empty.

I assume you are a GT fan if you are wearing GT gear ...

I get what your saying about tickets sold and maybe its just the perspective from where you are sitting, but I would bet you guys are wrong ...
There were people in the 300 level... Now in the upper section just below the open roof, I did only see one person walking around up there in the "standing room only" section.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
According to Stinger's and UGABlows's posts, if they are close to being accurate, total attendance was 47,357, Tech fans 31,587, and ND fans 15,770 if my math is correct. Pretty close in my opinion.
I can accept that 😀

yeti's post (#401 in this thread) DOES show people in seats in the upper deck. The upper deck was not cordoned off nor was it empty.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
After reviewing the game, it was much closer than the score. Two missed FG, 2 interceptions, 2 faked kicks, and poor tackling. Avoid ANY of those and it's much closer.
This is what I’ve been saying. The game played as if a tight one, the stats back that up, the final score was larger due to the late pick-6. We legitimately should have had 20 points on the board.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Well … I see a lot of gripping about the OL here. What fonts need to remember is that OL performance is dependent on performance by the rest of the backfield, especially the QB. Our OL has graded out better then usual because King gets rid of the ball quickly, he is great at running QB draws, the option, and he can scramble with the best of them, and as a consequence opposing Ds don't get to rush with abandon. Butttttt … we didn't have King yesterday. Pyron did ok, but he can't do some of the things King can and that made the OL - and the rest of the running game too boot - look dicey yesterday.

Tech gets King back and all of a sudden the OL will look ok again. Same with the D and Efford, btw. Your best players on both sides of the ball make everyone else look a lot better.
I thought on multiple occasions, Pyron had time to throw but couldn't find an open receiver, not sure what was happening. Either credit ND's DB's or he was having trouble looking for and finding his secondary receivers ? He also made some ill-advised throws into coverage. I'm not putting the blame on him, but Wienke needs to take a look at this before Saturday.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Practice reps and game reps are very different. I chalk up any rust on ZP’s part to lack of game XP the past two seasons. I suspect we’ll see a significant uptick in his efficiency this week.