POSTGAME #GTvsVT GT 28-VT 27

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The more I think about it the more that FG drive at the end of the first half is standing out. Can’t see the team/coach pulling that out in the first three weeks. Trying to drive downfield even right after a big negative play in a limited clock situation vs just waiting on the second half… good stuff.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The more I think about it the more that FG drive at the end of the first half is standing out. Can’t see the team/coach pulling that out in the first three weeks. Trying to drive downfield even right after a big negative play in a limited clock situation vs just waiting on the second half… good stuff.
Team wouldn’t have done it in the first 4 games cuz the former turd of a coach would have been to chicken **** to even try to move the ball down field. It’s why Tech constantly had timeouts going into the half. He was content to not even remotely letting the game get out of hand.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'm not sold on Pyron as the long term answer (throwing motion is too long and release point too low), but damn we needed the toughness and competitive fire.

Chip Long: your TEs suck, stop calling plays that require them to be competent.

That first 2 pt conversion was there, I cannot believe how incompetent our TEs are with the ball in their hands.

We can run the ball if we fire out and block downhill.... proven again... play calls need to take that into account and we need to be a run first team.

Throwing motion long??? Y’all just be making things up on here. Doesn’t get any more compact than this

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JacketEagle98

Georgia Tech Fan
Agreed. I think Pyron has a great quick release. Several times I thought he was definitely going to be sacked and he quickly got the pass off. This has happened in both games he’s played in.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Throwing motion long??? Y’all just be making things up on here. Doesn’t get any more compact than this

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Oh look! The running back is not over by the qb trying to trick the defense into thinking its a running play.
(When we have a grest ol, great qb, great rb , this woild be great- now not so much)

The oline men are blocking their defender.

Me like it - next add wide gaps and we are the baylor air raid

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Another key play of the day yesterday (apologies if this is back in the thread somewhere)....when they (correctly) made he no targeting call on Charlie. That hit was vicious but clean. He ranks up there with Lucious, Brooking and Ken Swilling as hardest hitting players ever at Tech.
That hit was so loud and devastating that the refs threw a flag just so they could rewatch it in slo-mo.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Yeah, the motion is compact, but the release point is a little low. Regardless, I love the way he stands in the pocket and he delivers a nice pass. His bomb was perfect with lots of upward angle to give the receiver an easy catch in stride. Lots to love about Pyron.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And Charlie made the game saving hit that coughed the ball up from the quarterback to seal the win. If he had been tossed earlier that never would’ve happened.
I think the game would not have even come down to that. He is just one of those guys who make everyone around him better. Roof and Gotsis were players like that. When they were out, the defense got noticeably worse. If Charlie is tossed on that call we lose by double digits (imo). That is what he means to the unit and the team.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I think the game would not have even come down to that. He is just one of those guys who make everyone around him better. Roof and Gotsis were players like that. When they were out, the defense got noticeably worse. If Charlie is tossed on that call we lose by double digits (imo). That is what he means to the unit and the team.
And he sits next week too.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
And he sits next week too.
I was going to say it was a first half play, so he would have just missed the second half. But you're right - this would have been his third, and would have carried the extra penalty.

Even if one of those earlier calls was terrible...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer