Posted a thread on Miami's board as a response to them complaining about the officiating. Was I too harsh?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you feel the need to do this, it's probably time to step away from the keyboard and go touch some grass.

That goes double if you feel the need to run back to another board looking for some kind of feedback on doing it.
“Officer, I swear, all I did was touch the grass.”

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Its easy enough to block people signing up to the site after losses or during the season if that were to become a problem.

IMO the bigger issue is that Miami fans can presumably view this site, see that DH identifies himself as that poster, and his actual name is his username. There are crazy people out there, no doubt some are Miami fans, and they have enough information to really harass him if they so desired.
I guess it’s a good thing, then, that Mario Cristobal used the pseudonym “Daniel Hord” when he created an account on GTSwarm.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I had an awesome time in Miami. Extremely friendly tailgate and even congratulated by a fan on the walk out. They get a bad rap but nice people in my experience.
I lived there for nearly over four years. The da U fans suck as a fanbase despite your experience. That does not mean every single one f them sucks, but most of them do. Heck, I am friendly with a number of ugag fans but does not make their fan base extremely friendly.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Not too harsh but wasting your time with that crew. It would be best not to get involved on other team's forums, especially canesinsight.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
They’ve been in our conference, but they’ve never been in our league.

Never had any problems with da U fans. I wouldn’t take one to a board meeting, but if you like your women loose and wild you can have a good time. Just don’t tell your Mom about it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
26 seconds, no time outs, 65 yards for winning TD or 35 yards for tying FG. The coach made huge mistake but the team lost that game. Good teams would have still won.
It is inexcusable to let a team with no time outs drive 65 yards on two plays. The Tech receiver that caught the touchdown pass broke off his route and ran between two Miami players who just let him go.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
26 seconds, no time outs, 65 yards for winning TD or 35 yards for tying FG. The coach made huge mistake but the team lost that game. Good teams would have still won.

It is inexcusable to let a team with no time outs drive 65 yards on two plays. The Tech receiver that caught the touchdown pass broke off his route and ran between two Miami players who just let him go.

For the record, we went 74 yards. Please don't short change us.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Also it was Kings breaking free on a run that enabled Leary to break free. And that pass was perfect. Leary didn't have to break stride.
True dat. Right on the money and Christian did not drop it like some wide open receivers have done.
They’ve been in our conference, but they’ve never been in our league.

Never had any problems with da U fans. I wouldn’t take one to a board meeting, but if you like your women loose and wild you can have a good time. Just don’t tell your Mom about it.
Over on canesinsight. Some of them were debating the relative merits of Manny vs. Mario. The Manny fans, well just one, pointed out that after 18 games he was 10-8 while Mario is 9-9. The Mario fans...well, I didn't see one actually but they were clamoring about paying him $80 million over 5 years or something like that and that Miami got snookered by Oregon who wanted to get rid of him anyway. The comments were really funny and clever not at all what one would expect just looking at them on the field. I suspect that the U graduates are nothing like the typical Miami trash you see at the games.