Posted a thread on Miami's board as a response to them complaining about the officiating. Was I too harsh?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
To the OP, while I understand your motivation, I agree with the others who've pointed out that it's best not to let them trouble you. Miami fans are some of the worst of the worst, so it's especially best to just move on. They're not going to get smarter, and their stupidity is just going to grate on you.
Every year, I've heard "Duh U is back dis yee-yer". For the last 15 years...troll those clowns, but understand that you're trolling a room of r-tards.
That being said, yeah, this was annoying at first, and then hilarious. The ACC powers that be put Miami in one division and FSU in another division, assuming they'd be playing for the championship most years.

Miami hasn't gotten to the championship game once since they joined the ACC, IIRC.

Anyway, I purchased the domain ismiamibackyet.com, wanting to put together a simple site like Is There a F*cking Rockies Game Today?. But then I found that someone had apparently already done it.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
okay. I'm not trying to troll but I'm just upset that all these canes fans think this is some fixed game. It makes me sick. Refs are human, they make human mistakes. If they took a knee it wouldn't be in their hands. Miami was supposed to be the ACC's juggernaut but all they've done is stumble around for two decades.
Dude you literally got banned after three posts....legendary

Outside of ugag, I wouldn't encourage you to do troll an opponent's fanbase, but I'll give an exception for duh U. Worst fanbase I've ever seen.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dude you literally got banned after three posts....legendary

Outside of ugag, I wouldn't encourage you to do troll an opponent's fanbase, but I'll give an exception for duh U. Worst fanbase I've ever seen.
Heh. I got banned from S****T***, twice, before I ever made a single post. How’s that for “legendary”?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Heh. I got banned from S****T***, twice, before I ever made a single post. How’s that for “legendary”?
Do tell…
Tell Sterling K Brown GIF by The Paley Center for Media

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I met a (shockingly) cool Miami fan in the airport today. I kept it classy, told him the players and fans didn’t deserve that ending. He told me he knows some fathers who have sons on the team, and Mario apologized to the team in the locker room and put it all on him. He also said the fumble review was irrelevant, which was refreshing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I met a (shockingly) cool Miami fan in the airport today. I kept it classy, told him the players and fans didn’t deserve that ending. He told me he knows some fathers who have sons on the team, and Mario apologized to the team in the locker room and put it all on him. He also said the fumble review was irrelevant, which was refreshing.
Glad you shared. I’ve honestly had mostly positive interactions with fan bases at games, even Miami and Clemson. The best interactions of all were with Notre Dame fans.

I’ve rarely had any positive interactions with uga fans. And more than a few really unpleasant experiences. Of course, now that they are on the verge of winning 3 nattys in a row they have a lot of new fans who aren’t quite as rabid. So, oddly, it may get better.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I had an awesome time in Miami. Extremely friendly tailgate and even congratulated by a fan on the walk out. They get a bad rap but nice people in my experience.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Guys, why are we acting like he committed murder? There is nothing wrong with his post, and it's not even controversial in nature. It's inoffensive and harmless. And if all that didn't convince you, THEY'RE MIAMI FANS — one of the nauseating fanbases on the planet. If he made them upset, GOOD. They deserve it!
Do you enjoy fans of other teams posting here after a GT Loss to their team telling you how to think/feel.

It’s trolling and lowers GT fans to the level of Miami fans. But if that’s what it takes to make the poster feel good and superior then it’s his choice. Just don’t complain when other team fans trash up this board after a GT loss.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had an awesome time in Miami. Extremely friendly tailgate and even congratulated by a fan on the walk out. They get a bad rap but nice people in my experience.
They probably weren't dressed like reptile characters from Star Wars either. Some of those costumes are just outrageous.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do you enjoy fans of other teams posting here after a GT Loss to their team telling you how to think/feel.

It’s trolling and lowers GT fans to the level of Miami fans. But if that’s what it takes to make the poster feel good and superior then it’s his choice. Just don’t complain when other team fans trash up this board after a GT loss.

I think we are overthinking it. What @TheDanielHordShow posted was pretty tame. I appreciate the entertainment value he has added to the off week.

But someone (@CaneKneely) picked up the ball (after not taking a knee) and has continued to needle. Amusing to read. I'd guess we know that poster.

I don't respond to trolls knowingly and they are to be expected when one's team does something really stupid and underperforms. Just desserts for arrogance. BG could have trolled us and their points probably would have been valid.

BTW, I don't know this really was a troll since he identified in the subject that he was a GT fan. A troll usually hides his identity or allegiance?

Last edited:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If you feel the need to do this, it's probably time to step away from the keyboard and go touch some grass.

That goes double if you feel the need to run back to another board looking for some kind of feedback on doing it.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Its easy enough to block people signing up to the site after losses or during the season if that were to become a problem.

IMO the bigger issue is that Miami fans can presumably view this site, see that DH identifies himself as that poster, and his actual name is his username. There are crazy people out there, no doubt some are Miami fans, and they have enough information to really harass him if they so desired.