Post USF Injury Status?

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe...IDK...It took USF two series to figure out how to play against TO. I thought if he had stayed in one more series we would have seen him throw a TD pass to an A back in the seam .... they were playing way up in an effort to stop him.
BUT we did seem more crisp on our blocks.

I was impressed with how quickly Tobias got from under center, to the edge, and then downhill. The B-backs were barely able to get out in front of him but the timing was perfect and everything was fluid. Sometimes our offense can look awkward and broken (and somehow still effective) but that was smooth.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
From what I saw, it looked like the helmet hit his knee, pushing straight back while there was weight on it. To me it looked like a hyper-extension, which would create some swelling, but no structural damage. Stretches the tendons a little, creating inflammation, but probably didn't tear anything. As long as the ligaments are sound, he'll be back sometime between this week and 3-4 weeks, depending on the swelling and stiffness. if he tore something, probably out rest of season.

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m am hopeful regarding Benson simply due to his demeanor on the sideline (from the 5 second shot on TV at least). He appeared relaxed and at ease, not like someone who’s worried their season might be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Good thing we still have Mills and Marshall. : (

While we are "what - iffing", don't forget Q'fro either. He could still be ballin' up here in the ATL if he had not elected to take his talents to Pensacola and the UWF Argonauts. Imagine a world were Benson and Howard and Mason were our 4-6 options, not our 1 through 3!;)

incognito

Georgia Tech Fan
Did Howard play yesterday? I thought I saw him make a block but any carries? Why did we not use him more?

He was in for around a couple possessions, mostly blocked, pretty well IIRC. Either TO was in and keeping it and/or TM was passing it at that point.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
i enjoyed watching Tobias' progression yesterday. CPJ couldn't have scripted that any better. Mason looked a little tentative at times, but he can fix that. I thought we had a 3 headed monster at B Back, but Benson is clearly better than the others.
Imagine Mills, M. Marshall, and Benson

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know about you guys, but i think Mason has looked very well. Hoping Benson will recover quickly, but we have the most depth at BB.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about you guys, but i think Mason has looked very well. Hoping Benson will recover quickly, but we have the most depth at BB.

Mason is looking solid, but Benson is just on another level. The biggest hit we’d take if he’s out for a while is in the depth...it’s very beneficial to be able to rotate a competent BB in to give the starter a breather, and this injury makes that platoon less effective.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think Anree went out for a bit but I think it was a cramp. The injuries this game reminded me of Notre Dame in 2015. I don’t know if it was the weather or what but we the injury bug was in full effect. Hopefully it was just minor stuff would everyone. KB looked the worst but it seemed more like a hyper extension or bone bruise to me. Probably not a terrible thing if he can rest for 2 weeks or so and be back full strength.