Post USF Injury Status?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Fingers crossed but I don’t think it’s good news on Benson. The others should be fine.
Yea, I have zero inside info but when I saw him walking around in a t shirt and shorts slowly on the sideline the first thing that popped in my head was “He’s gonna be out a while” Hope like hell im wrong. Mason did well yesterday. I thought he did a great job picking up yards. But if KB is out then Jerry better be ready!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The good thing about Benson was that there was no brace and he was walking around without crutches. My guess is a bruise and he will miss th Pitt game but be back for Clemzon.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The good thing about Benson was that there was no brace and he was walking around without crutches. My guess is a bruise and he will miss th Pitt game but be back for Clemzon.

At first, I thought he was injured when he made an awkward cut and stumbled a bit before contact. Those are usually not good. After seeing the slo-mo replay, I think he took a helmet to the knee on the way down. But his feet were not planted, which is a good thing. I agree, I think it's bruise and nothing more serious. I hope that we are right.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
At first, I thought he was injured when he made an awkward cut and stumbled a bit before contact. Those are usually not good. After seeing the slo-mo replay, I think he took a helmet to the knee on the way down. But his feet were not planted, which is a good thing. I agree, I think it's bruise and nothing more serious. I hope that we are right.

Did I bump my head or did I see our 2s looking great yesterday? I think that’s something to be thankful for. At one point yesterday, we had what would’ve been our third string QB (Tobias), our third string center, and our second string B-Back kicking some butt. During that same time, late in the third, I saw downfield blocking reminiscent of 2014. I know we were running a simpler scheme because of the backups which makes me wonder if we should go to something simpler with the 1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Benson didn’t have ice on the knee and he was bearing weight on it, i think he’ll miss the Pitt game for sure but we might see him back soon (fingers crossed)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Did I bump my head or did I see our 2s looking great yesterday? I think that’s something to be thankful for. At one point yesterday, we had what would’ve been our third string QB (Tobias), our third string center, and our second string B-Back kicking some butt. During that same time, late in the third, I saw downfield blocking reminiscent of 2014. I know we were running a simpler scheme because of the backups which makes me wonder if we should go to something simpler with the 1s.

You know, I recall thinking the same thing during that stretch that we are getting to the point (a least on offense) where running in a 2 didn't cause a noticeable dropoff. That has never occurred before in the GT FB history that I know, which dates to the late 70's. It was a definite positive amidst all the other issues yesterday.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer

i enjoyed watching Tobias' progression yesterday. CPJ couldn't have scripted that any better. Mason looked a little tentative at times, but he can fix that. I thought we had a 3 headed monster at B Back, but Benson is clearly better than the others.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow

". . . a helmet to the knee". Huh! If the tackler had been wearing a white jersey he would have been ejected by that officiating crew.

GT_EE78

Banned
Since he was peddling on a bike a few minutes after the injury that makes me think they were considering letting him return to the game which i hope puts the odds in our favor.

Scubapro

Banned

Maybe...IDK...It took USF two series to figure out how to play against TO. I thought if he had stayed in one more series we would have seen him throw a TD pass to an A back in the seam .... they were playing way up in an effort to stop him.
BUT we did seem more crisp on our blocks.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, I have zero inside info but when I saw him walking around in a t shirt and shorts slowly on the sideline the first thing that popped in my head was “He’s gonna be out a while” Hope like hell im wrong. Mason did well yesterday. I thought he did a great job picking up yards. But if KB is out then Jerry better be ready!
Did Howard play yesterday? I thought I saw him make a block but any carries? Why did we not use him more?