Post-Spring game season win total poll

How many wins do we get in the regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
The 2013 UNC game broke Vad. He took a massive hit on an option play out of the diamond and was not the same the rest of the year. He got his mojo back for the 1st half of 2013 COFH, but he cracked under the pressure of their comeback.
Yeah, I remember that. That's why I remember us still doing shotgun-diamond, even after the Duke game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What if we get in to that 20-spot in the recruiting rankings? Should that also be taken with a big grain of salt, so that we should also consider it a push when we face teams who were like us in that 50-range? Ie, 50 is just as good as 20, and so we shouldn't get excited at all about a higher level of recruiting unless it's at that "elite" (ie top 10) level?
I think there are likely 3 tiers:
1. Top 15
2. 15-30
3. 30 and up

Those aren’t hard numbers, just generalities that fluctuate year to year.

We can be excited about moving up a tier for sure. Improving 15 to 20 spots probably doesn’t mean much.

What really matters is filling key spots with very special players. You can have a lowly rated class yet fill a major component for future success at the same time and vice versa.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I think there are likely 3 tiers:
1. Top 15
2. 15-30
3. 30 and up

Those aren’t hard numbers, just generalities that fluctuate year to year.

We can be excited about moving up a tier for sure. Improving 15 to 20 spots probably doesn’t mean much.

What really matters is filling key spots with very special players. You can have a lowly rated class yet fill a major component for future success at the same time and vice versa.
Just going by your tiers then, VT, Miami, and NCSt wouldn't quite be a push then talent-wise. They would be in a higher tier than us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just going by your tiers then, VT, Miami, and NCSt wouldn't quite be a push then talent-wise. They would be in a higher tier than us.
ok, point conceded. But remember we are speaking from a purely talent as measured by recruiting rankings standpoint. I don't think those teams "out talent" us enough to fall into the highly favored category. At least not enough talent to over come poor coaching.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Clemson - L
USF - W
Citadel - W
Temple - W
UNC - W
Duke - W
Miami - L
Pitt - W
UVA - L
VT - L
NC ST - L
UGA - L

Total: 6-6

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Clemson - L
USF - W
Citadel - W
Temple - W
UNC - W
Duke - W
Miami - L
Pitt - W
UVA - L
VT - L
NC ST - L
UGA - L

Total: 6-6

That'd make us 5 & 1 in mid-season....which might, just might, get us ranked briefly before reality comes calling. If we got two more wins, where would they come from? And if we lost two more, which two? I'd say:
Wins - Miami and NC ST
Losses - UNC & USF

LibertyTurns

Banned
The 2013 UNC game broke Vad. He took a massive hit on an option play out of the diamond and was not the same the rest of the year. He got his mojo back for the 1st half of 2013 COFH, but he cracked under the pressure of their comeback.
That was really sad at UNC. The kid’s entire career changed on one play and along with it the first of many misfires, mistakes & misfortunes that prevented GT from going on a sustained run.

GT_EE78

Banned
I'll go with 7. My rationale is that the edge we lost by not having an offense difficult to prep for will be offset by even moderate passing success.
same talent level as last year = same record (+/- 1) More wins should come from a rising talent level which will take a couple of recruiting cycles (hopefully)