Post-Spring game season win total poll

How many wins do we get in the regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Based on the small sample size we saw at the spring game. What are your WAY too early guesses at how many games we win? Are we competitive every game? Are there 2 games in particular to start and end the year where we may get man handled? I personally see a chance of a 7-8 win season. Opposing teams struggle when they have little film on a team. Being in new systems on both sides of the ball I almost view that as a positive.

Based on the small sample size we saw at the spring game. What are your WAY too early guesses at how many games we win? Are we competitive every game? Are there 2 games in particular to start and end the year where we may get man handled? I personally see a chance of a 7-8 win season. Opposing teams struggle when they have little film on a team. Being in new systems on both sides of the ball I almost view that as a positive.
Even though slim, I see a better chance of us beating the mutts than I do of us beating Clemson.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Voted 4-5. The defensive front seems like an issue and I doubt we have an offense that can cover a porous D. Hopefully we can create some size/depth on the DL (more transfers or position switched) before 8/29

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Expecting 5-7
Returning starters will far and away be the best indicator of success year in year out. We return as many total starters this year on both sides of the ball as we did exclusively on offense last year. I’d like our chances on an even year schedule, but @miami and @uva I’d flip if the location changed.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said 6 because, "I don't know and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to beat at least some teams" wasn't an option. Paul said he thought he had left the talent for a 7 - 8 win team behind and clearly implied that this was an evaluation that left coaching neutral. He would know, but we don't yet know what our coaching staff's real capacities are. If we did, then I'd say Paul's probably right.

But we don't.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I chose 6 and I think that is probably on the optimistic side of things. Year 2 is when the ball should get rolling.

Wreck02

Georgia Tech Fan
I really believe we will win 9 games. Our schedule (on paper) is bookended with the toughest games (Clemson and UGAg). There is no one in the middle part that I think is far and away better than us. I also believe there are several we could lose to, as well. But in the spirit of optimism, I'm saying 9. We lose to Clemson, NC State, and UGAg (in a tighter contest than people expect).

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Seems like there's going to be a logic/consistency problem for a lot of people when predicting records for the next 2-3 years or more.

Will we have more talent than the other team?
Will our scheme/coaching be superior to the other team?

If the answer to those two questions is no, then how can you logically believe we will win? I'm not talking about fan-logic.
If the answer to one or both of those questions is yes, I'd be curious as to your justification for that answer.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Seems like there's going to be a logic/consistency problem for a lot of people when predicting records for the next 2-3 years or more.

Will we have more talent than the other team?
Will our scheme/coaching be superior to the other team?

If the answer to those two questions is no, then how can you logically believe we will win? I'm not talking about fan-logic.
If the answer to one or both of those questions is yes, I'd be curious as to your justification for that answer.

Here s my logic

Lose to the super factory teams at start and finish because we have been woefully bad the last 2 years. That's 0 -2

Win the 3 easy non acc games at start as team gets up to speed. 3-2

Let's now look at the normally top acc coastal teams = vt and miami - who can be considered rebuilding ( imo). we should be better by game 7 and game 10. 1 of 2 . That 4-3.

That's 5 acc coastal games remaining.
Surely we could find a way to win 2 of 5.

That's 6-6.

I would be happy if we look better as season progressed.

It would be great for recruiting to beat vt and mia!

Maybe we get lucky break and run 2 kick offs back for td! Logic degenerating into wishful thinking.

Damn those other teams are getting recriuts and practicing- that s not allowed in my planning.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
@Clemson-L may lose by 2 TD’s but we give them a lot more than they want
USF-W Could be close through 3qtrs but pull away late
Citadel-W. They run the 3O. We’ve seen it a few times before..... lol
@Temple-W. We better be ready because they will be fired up for this one. This could be a big one as far as how much of the season goes. 3-1 is a lot better than 2-2
UNC-W. They were terrible last year. I don’t see much improvement with Old man Brown
@Duke-W. Close game but they lost a lot. The loss of Jones is gonna hurt
@Miami-L Back to back road games catches up to us and they’re fast and talented.
Pitt-W. Narduzi is a good coach but they lost quite a bit too
@UVA-L. Perkins is gonna give us problems and we suck in Hooville
VT-W This will be interesting. Bud has had problems with the 3O. I’m curious how he defends CDP now. They’ve lost a lot on both sides.
NCST-W Short week but it’s at home and at night. Should be electric at BDS.
UGA-L. Unfortunately they’re just deeper than we are. I guarantee we won’t lay down and I won’t be surprised to see some fights during the game. We lose but Kirby and crew are gonna be nervous from here on out.
That’s 8-4 5-3 in ACC.

7-5 is more likely with a loss to VT.
We just have to close the season strong with VT, State and Uga. 1-2 or worse will be hard to swallow...

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
@Clemson-L may lose by 2 TD’s but we give them a lot more than they want
USF-W Could be close through 3qtrs but pull away late
Citadel-W. They run the 3O. We’ve seen it a few times before..... lol
@Temple-W. We better be ready because they will be fired up for this one. This could be a big one as far as how much of the season goes. 3-1 is a lot better than 2-2
UNC-W. They were terrible last year. I don’t see much improvement with Old man Brown
@Duke-W. Close game but they lost a lot. The loss of Jones is gonna hurt
@Miami-L Back to back road games catches up to us and they’re fast and talented.
Pitt-W. Narduzi is a good coach but they lost quite a bit too
@UVA-L. Perkins is gonna give us problems and we suck in Hooville
VT-W This will be interesting. Bud has had problems with the 3O. I’m curious how he defends CDP now. They’ve lost a lot on both sides.
NCST-W Short week but it’s at home and at night. Should be electric at BDS.
UGA-L. Unfortunately they’re just deeper than we are. I guarantee we won’t lay down and I won’t be surprised to see some fights during the game. We lose but Kirby and crew are gonna be nervous from here on out.
That’s 8-4 5-3 in ACC.

7-5 is more likely with a loss to VT.
We just have to close the season strong with VT, State and Uga. 1-2 or worse will be hard to swallow...

You basically took the words out of my mouth. I think Virginia and VT are toss ups. We could end up winning both or losing both. I also think we give Miami a tough game. Could be winnable