Post season ban - no tourney

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
101_popcopy.jpg

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
It's ironic that we accepted the post-season ban and it wouldn't have mattered if we had participated. Even if we made the cancelled NIT.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
It wouldn't have mattered if we had participated?

It would if our appeal was subsequently denied and the ban was for next year.

I misspoke. Didn't quite mean that. It is good we accepted the ban this season. If we hadn't the tourney was still cancelled as was the NIT and, yes, we would have probably have been banned next season. It's just ironic.

slugboy

Staff member
I misspoke. Didn't quite mean that. It is good we accepted the ban this season. If we hadn't the tourney was still cancelled as was the NIT and, yes, we would have probably have been banned next season. It's just ironic.

Most fans aren’t used to seeing their AA make a smart move with the NCAA, and so have a tough time putting that into words [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Most fans aren’t used to seeing their AA make a smart move with the NCAA, and so have a tough time putting that into words [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very funny, but also very sadly true at the same time.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
But as we type -

Swofford, uncheats, ncaa are formulating rules to say if a pandemic happens that all punishments will be pushed forward to the next season if the schools are located in major metro areas (which areas to be determined by seance at Dean Smith's mausoleum) and located below the mason-dixon line.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
So, I went to the actual NCAA ruling. The relevant text:

"Competition penalty: During the 2019-20 academic year, the men's basketball program shall end its season with the last regular-season contest and shall not participate in postseason conference or NCAA tournament competition."

It called it out by season, not specifically a 1 year ban. We have served the penalty.

Source: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/in...9INF_GeorgiaTechPublicInfractionsDecision.pdf

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Agreed that the wording means me served our penalty. But even if it was ambiguous i think we could have argued that and additional year of recruiting under this cloud would have made the penalty harsher than originally intended.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I can pretty much guarantee the NCAA will try to say the postseason ban does not apply to this year.

I'd stake my reputation on it.

They'll be wrong, but when has that ever stopped them.