Post-2016 NFL Draft - GT Players

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Guess Vad's tryout went well:

Anyone who thought he had no chance definitely had their gold-colored glasses on. He probably would have gotten drafted if he didn't get hurt. Vad is a big-time athlete and can do well in the right system. Just needs better mechanics but he has all the physical tools (other than height, although he isn't really that short).

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone who thought he had no chance definitely had their gold-colored glasses on. He probably would have gotten drafted if he didn't get hurt. Vad is a big-time athlete and can do well in the right system. Just needs better mechanics but he has all the physical tools (other than height, although he isn't really that short).

Isn't that what separates most players? Saying Vad is a big time athlete when he's done nothing to prove it is just speculation. I'm not knocking VL either. I just a post that he made about not getting a contract offer from the Giants. I'm not sure that most people realize how hard it is to even get a sniff in the NFL. I wish him much success in life.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Isn't that what separates most players? Saying Vad is a big time athlete when he's done nothing to prove it is just speculation. I'm not knocking VL either. I just a post that he made about not getting a contract offer from the Giants. I'm not sure that most people realize how hard it is to even get a sniff in the NFL. I wish him much success in life.

I think he has proved he's a big time athlete. Only player in Division I history (FBS and FCS) to ever pass and run for 275 yards in the same game... Just look at his career numbers at JMU. He wasn't fully bought in at GT (especially in 2013) which is 110% on him, but I don't think any QB would have had much success with our OL that year. What he hasn't proved is he can be a QB in a traditional offense. Stinks about him and the NYG, I could see him do well in the CFL, or moving to WR and get a shot.

Last edited:

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I think he has proved he's a big time athlete. Only player in Division I history (FBS and FCS) to ever pass and run for 275 yards in the same game... Just look at his career numbers at JMU. He wasn't fully bought in at GT (especially in 2013) which is 110% on him, but I don't think any QB would have had much success with our OL that year. What he hasn't proved is he can be a QB in a traditional offense. Stinks about him and the NYG, I could see him do well in the CFL, or moving to WR and get a shot.
I'm not sure what Vad Lee has to do with a thread about GT Players in the draft.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Why the salt towards Vad? He committed to Tech and played to the best of his abilities while he was here. He left and it worked out better for all parties.

It's not out of line to discuss his NFL endeavors in this thread, in my opinion.

I wish him luck, hopefully he can make a 53.

This.

I was definitely at my wit's end with all the Team Vad fanboys whose love blinded them to what Tevin actually did, but this lover- scorned reaction is even more sad.

The best for him.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
This.

I was definitely at my wit's end with all the Team Vad fanboys whose love blinded them to what Tevin actually did, but this lover- scorned reaction is even more sad.

The best for him.

The thing is too, it was one of those decisions that worked out for both sides. I don't think anyone would want Vad over JT, and I doubt Vad has any regrets on leaving GT.

GTFLETCH

Banned

I disagree, if Vad Lee was a Big-time athlete a FBS team would have picked him up instead he had two years in the FCS... Aaron Murray who was a big time FBS QB at UGA, is a backup for KC and may not make the roster this year... Tim Tebow is out of the NFL, he was a big time QB.. Vad has a long way to go... Does he deserve a chance at the next level (NFL or CFL or AFL) yes.. Is a Big-Time Pro Prospect...NO!!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I disagree, if Vad Lee was a Big-time athlete a FBS team would have picked him up instead he had two years in the FCS...

You don't know what you're talking about here. He could have gone to an FBS program. He went to JMU to 1.) Play right away 2.) Play for a coach he almost played for coming out of college (Everett Withers was at UNC) and 3.) Play in an offense suited for him.

I also never said he was a big-time pro prospect, but I stand by the statement that he is a big-time athlete. Does that mean he will get another shot at QB in the NFL? Who knows. He had a higher completion %, more rushing yards, and more passing yards in his first year as a starter than JT did last year (I realize not an apples to apples comparison because JT's first year was way better than Vad's). I've never seen Tech people dislike someone who spent three years of his life here as much as VL.