Possible transfer?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s going to happen. Before the nay sayers start chiming in, take this perspective: he was recruited by CGC (who left to take the Temple HC job) and suffered through two DCs and two HCs. That’s a lot to go through. But the bottomline question every GT fan should be asking themselves: how many of our current players would start at UF? My guess: maybe J. Thomas, Tyler Davis (a grad transfer), and Camp (as a #3 or #4 WR).
Not Camp, even though I hope he proves me wrong this year, and we've never seen Tyler Davis play for GT. I think we will be very surprised on how much better some guys will get this year though. And this guy would be absolutely HUGE.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean can he play better here? Did he not work hard enough there? Will he work harder here?
I think the general consensus is that he got lost in the shuffle of coaches while at UF. UF had 2 different Head Coaches and DC's while he was there and may not have fit the system that they were trying to run.

CGC was the DC at UF when he was recruited there before he left to go to Temple. Then UF had Randy Shannon and now they have Todd Grantham.

So, long story short, Clayton has been at UF under coaches that didn't recruit him and with systems he wasn't recruited for. If he transfers to GT, his HC will be the DC that recruited him to UF. Potentially being a better fit for our new Defense.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
coming out of high school, he was 5 stars, # 5 in the state of georgia, number 2 at his position nationally and # 27 among all recruits nationally. That is tremendous upside and we should all be ridiculously excited about him possibly coming here. Is it possible he is just a bust? Sure, that is possible with anyone we get. There is also a chance that we could get a great, great player here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The ncaa grad transfer rules could be tightening.
Must get into grad school and get a masters or zchool charged w second year
Approx
50 % of students starting masters drop out.
25% of grad transfer athletes drop.

Fired up 5th year seniors and more talented recruits are our future, imo.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
The ncaa grad transfer rules could be tightening.
Must get into grad school and get a masters or zchool charged w second year
Approx
50 % of students starting masters drop out.
25% of grad transfer athletes drop.

Fired up 5th year seniors and more talented recruits are our future, imo.

I wonder what the numbers are for GT? Are our GradTransfers more likely to finish school?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You are vastly over rating the talent level at Florida. They are in the same neighborhood as Georgia Tech talent wise. They have some better defensive linemen but other than that we could hold our own with them. If we were to play on a neutral site the point spread would be 3 points or less. Now if you want to compare us with Alabama then your statement would be closer to the truth.

Go Jackets!

In their last 5 signing classes they had 2 5* and 41 4* athletes sign. I'm pretty sure were not in the same zip code as UF talent wise. Coaching has remained their biggest problem.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
In their last 5 signing classes they had 2 5* and 41 4* athletes sign. I'm pretty sure were not in the same zip code as UF talent wise. Coaching has remained their biggest problem.
No way man. It's all 1 conspiracy. The recruiting services and the NFL draft are all schemed to make GT look bad. they purposely take people less talented than our guys and rate them higher just to stick it to us. /s