Possible transfer?

Deleted member 2897

What are the rules about *comments* on the Rivals' site? If a regular old Joe *member* and not KQ or others says he heard a rumor, is that stuff okay to post? Because there is a rumor that he is interested in coming here.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s going to happen. Before the nay sayers start chiming in, take this perspective: he was recruited by CGC (who left to take the Temple HC job) and suffered through two DCs and two HCs. That’s a lot to go through. But the bottomline question every GT fan should be asking themselves: how many of our current players would start at UF? My guess: maybe J. Thomas, Tyler Davis (a grad transfer), and Camp (as a #3 or #4 WR).

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
What are the rules about *comments* on the Rivals' site? If a regular old Joe *member* and not KQ or others says he heard a rumor, is that stuff okay to post? Because there is a rumor that he is interested in coming here.
The initial “possible transfer” thread was started a few weeks ago on Rivals by KQ himself. The thread died in a couple of days. A guy posted in it today bumping it back up and said that he heard it was a done deal. You are allowed to post rumors on the board.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I totally overlooked it before and didn't put 2+2 together. But in his tweet he thanked Coach Mac, Coach Collins and Coach Rumph for recruiting him. None of which are still at UF. Our Coach Collins was DC at UF in 2015 when he was recruited.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the thread [may have overlooked also]. Though, that's probably a "no shirt sherlock" for most of you, but it's an interesting piece in the rumor if anyone else is as dense as me.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It is happening isn't it?? It just makes so much sense. He is from Georgia, he wants playing time, and he went out of his way to thank Geoff Collins for recruiting him. These are exciting times, regardless of what happens here.

And I did overlook it. :facepalm:

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to happen. Before the nay sayers start chiming in, take this perspective: he was recruited by CGC (who left to take the Temple HC job) and suffered through two DCs and two HCs. That’s a lot to go through. But the bottomline question every GT fan should be asking themselves: how many of our current players would start at UF? My guess: maybe J. Thomas, Tyler Davis (a grad transfer), and Camp (as a #3 or #4 WR).
Pressley Harvin III

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You are vastly over rating the talent level at Florida. They are in the same neighborhood as Georgia Tech talent wise. They have some better defensive linemen but other than that we could hold our own with them. If we were to play on a neutral site the point spread would be 3 points or less. Now if you want to compare us with Alabama then your statement would be closer to the truth.

Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

If Clayton becomes official, everyone needs to shout this from the mountaintops - that we’re barely into the 2020 cycle and already have a 5-star, a 4-star, etc etc. I know transfers aren’t counted in class ranking and so on, but that shouldn’t stop us from marketing this to the world. This stuff will get other highly rated recruits’ attention, and will burst the fake bubble that those types of players don’t/can’t come here.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
Getting this guy here, and eligible to play this fall (with 2 years of eligibility), would be one hell of get. We need a pass rush STAT to pair with our talented secondary.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Even if our front seven is just above average, we should be able to force plenty of coverage sacks with the way the secondary is shaping up.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
You are vastly over rating the talent level at Florida. They are in the same neighborhood as Georgia Tech talent wise. They have some better defensive linemen but other than that we could hold our own with them. If we were to play on a neutral site the point spread would be 3 points or less. Now if you want to compare us with Alabama then your statement would be closer to the truth.

Go Jackets!

Really? Let’s do a blind taste test and compare...In the last 6 nfl drafts:

Team A has had 40 NFL draft picks, including 9 1st round picks.

Team B has 9 NFL draft picks, including 2 picks taken in the first 3 rounds.

Are talent levels comparable?