Positive Press?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Guys, if we aren't getting a lot of positive National Press, the chances of moving up into the Top Four of the Polls is a lot LESS LIKELY, so I'm GLAD we're getting the attention. Keep winning, and winning big as far as I'm concerned so we'll stay on their minds as a SERIOUS CONTENDER.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I get what you guys are saying ... but this the new era of GT Football and lets get used to all the attention !!
Yep. If the attention makes us uncomfortable, then we need to stop doing it. Almost every writeup of the game I have seen this week focuses on Notre Dame, and the AP piece kind of throws GT in as an afterthought, some babbling about ND starting out looking for a championship, etc. Personally it ticks me off. I hope it does the team. We have to just know without knowing, one of those things, that Johnson is incensed by it.
But even with that going for an incentive, I'm tired of it. People need to start talking about, and writing about, Georgia Tech, and the question should not be how we might do or can we win, but can the next team up win.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
After watching clempson and free shoes this week I don't see a team on the schedule that can hang with Tech if Tech plays as they do! This is a team poised for greatness!!!! Pollock and Trevor Matich both just picked Tech today!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Glenn nailed it. In a sport where the national champion is still partially decided on perception, we simply have to have the big media push. I agree that it feels unnatural and there is something satisfying about being underated and trying to prove them wrong. But this media attention has to happen if we want to make it to the final four. Let's enjoy it. If we do pull off the win, it will ramp up even further,

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Re today's game; this is this year's team, not the GT team of last November/December. Every team is different as our "friends" over in Athens have proved so many times under Richt.
How many times has a pre-season top 10 uga team come out and laid an egg in the first 3 games? I really do not know what we have beyond potential to be the best GT team in decades.
(And I detest potential as a word.) The ingredients are there!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I've been nervous about this game all week. I usually get a sense of how the game will go about this time. That being said, I have no clue what will happen Saturday. I really believe that this game will set the official tone the rest of the season. A poster previously mentioned close games. We've usually lost close games because we didn't have that superstar difference maker making fantastic plays. We do now. That's the difference in this game I have to believe.
This is exactly the way I've felt this week. I usually get a feeling one way or the other if we're going to win or lose a game but I just have nerves about this one. I hope we come out fired up and focused. All our guys can do is play as hard as they can and give it their best shot. If they do that I will be happy.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
I am a little nervous as many on here are but I like the fact that this group of players have bought into the "system" at GT. They really do seem to want to excel for each other. Would love to see a W today! Go Jackets!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This conversation is all about us fans. I have no concerns about what's going through the players' minds. We fans are anxious because we have had high hopes dashed in the past. This is a new era. I'm not saying this is a easy W and we can't be beat this year. We have a down game and we can be beat. I think we have a good chance to win if we play well today. Damn sure ain't a certainty and that's ok. I for one am enjoying this ride. Go Jackets! Beat the Irish!