Portal Watch 2022-23

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hear me out: Marco Coleman leaves, Jordan Domineck leaves. Marco Coleman returns, Jordan Domineck enters transfer portal…

Think we get him back after he has more sacks than Will Anderson?
Great post.
Could be.
Definitly a possibility.
No provable but leads to facts as follows:

1. Gt staff now has NFL star who is position coach.
2. Same NFL star was with other NFL star at GtBB game as they recruited Gibbs.
3. Both NFL stars were from Gt and jhst starting their second career = they needed to get experience at an established $$ power 5 program

Now back to speculation
I hope we get JD back this year and in a few years i hope we get TC back.

bigbob

Georgia Tech Fan
Hear me out: Marco Coleman leaves, Jordan Domineck leaves. Marco Coleman returns, Jordan Domineck enters transfer portal…

Think we get him back after he has more sacks than Will Anderson?
We are not taking anyone back after they left us.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We are not taking anyone back after they left us.
Who’s us? GC? He bought into tech for years, but probably got tired of being sold the same stuff that led to losing seasons.
Did you get frustrated seeing games? Or listening to media/interviews? Imagine hearing/seeing it every day.
I blame nobody for leaving that, and welcome everybody back to the strong Georgia Tech football program they thought they were originally getting into.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I still think the portal will heat up heading into spring and after. I’m sure we will have a few leave after spring practice. It will just make more room.
Key/Batt/Angel have upgraded the staff. They have focused the NIL to keep quality guys for 5th year. They will require players to perform in gym and on field = no more 2.5 v years to graduate unless medical.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Key/Batt/Angel have upgraded the staff. They have focused the NIL to keep quality guys for 5th year. They will require players to perform in gym and on field = no more 2.5 v years to graduate unless medical.
Can you elaborate on the no more 2.5 years to graduate? Facts or speculation. You are implying the coaching staff will limit the academic side of football. Is that what you intended to say?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Can you elaborate on the no more 2.5 years to graduate? Facts or speculation. You are implying the coaching staff will limit the academic side of football. Is that what you intended to say?
The players can leave w no penalties and they can demand money.
The number of scholarships is still 85.
There will be increased pressure on players to show progress
We have a walk on DL guy ( moore ) that gave solid bull rush and is way strong. If he is in gym way more than scholarship player .....??

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A good friend of mine has a son that played WR at Michigan, got a lot of PT especially as a Fr. Blew up against Mich St his Fr season. Hit the portal last night. I’ve made the call. Lol. I didn’t ask for any info but did say he follows GT because I’m a fan fwiw.

"The call? The NCAA has now found gross negligence, misdirection, and generally giving recruits the business at Alabama UGA UNC Duke ... Georgia Tech University. As the school was already under super-secret probation, the death penalty will now be discussed so we don't look totally incompetent for failing miserably on the NIL stuff" - NCAA

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
"The call? The NCAA has now found gross negligence, misdirection, and generally giving recruits the business at Alabama UGA UNC Duke ... Georgia Tech University. As the school was already under super-secret probation, the death penalty will now be discussed so we don't look totally incompetent for failing miserably on the NIL stuff" - NCAA
I used WhatsApp. Lol. End to end encryption

Ramblin' Dan

Georgia Tech Fan
A good friend of mine has a son that played WR at Michigan, got a lot of PT especially as a Fr. Blew up against Mich St his Fr season. Hit the portal last night. I’ve made the call. Lol. I didn’t ask for any info but did say he follows GT because I’m a fan fwiw.
Don't get on that plane, Andrel :D!