Portal Watch 2022-23

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Just saw that Jordan Domineck is back in the portal after 1 year at Ark. Would he consider returning to GT?
Doubt he would come back, I'd expect he can get a pretty solid NIL deal with the stats he put out this past season.

slugboy

Staff member
He can be a grad transfer, get a waiver, drop down a level, or go back to his original school. Those are the ways I've heard you can transfer twice without sitting out a year.
Transferring back works if you didn’t have a ton of playing time at the new place.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
He can be a grad transfer, get a waiver, drop down a level, or go back to his original school. Those are the ways I've heard you can transfer twice without sitting out a year.
Interesting, I'd not heard the back to original school before. I would think he is a grad transfer, he has already played 5 seasons.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Interesting, I'd not heard the back to original school before. I would think he is a grad transfer, he has already played 5 seasons.
I remember reading that somewhere. I went looking for it after I posted and haven't been able to corroborate it yet. It may not be a real thing. I'm thinking grad transfer too.

slugboy

Staff member
I remember reading that somewhere. I went looking for it after I posted and haven't been able to corroborate it yet. It may not be a real thing. I'm thinking grad transfer too.
The waiver is for “Minimal Participation”: https://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

Return to Original Institution without Participation or with Minimal Participation Exception​

A student-athlete may transfer and play immediately if the student transferred to a second school and returns to his or her original school either without practicing or competing in athletics at all, except for one 14-day period (i.e. a tryout). Athletes may do this even if they were originally required to sit out for one year.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Just saw that Jordan Domineck is back in the portal after 1 year at Ark. Would he consider returning to GT?
Not sure if his beef at GT was with C or someone else. He was really unhappy when Johnson left, thought he was leaving in 2019 & would end up at UF or possibly UCF/FSU maybe even USF. I thought he'd stay with us after he stuck it out after that year, next thing I know he's here 2 more years (up to year 4 at GT) & then he's in the portal and at Arkansas for year 5. I expected him to go to the draft this year. For some reason he didn't start this year, but he was Arkansas best DL. Made no sense. Now he's leaving them after saying he was staying. I dunno, maybe he still has dreams of med school and wants another year to get closer. GT's a hard place with transfer credits. We got that going against us, but who knows. If med school is still in the mix, he'll end up closer to home & we're talking UF/UCF/USF/FSU hell even da U might be in the mix. They're throwing big NIL $$ around in Coral Gables.

Man, it would be great to get him back on The Flats.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Where from?
Duquense, was a SO this year, here are his stats from this year:

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 2.38.30 PM.png

Techster

Helluva Engineer