Portal Watch 2022-23

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Damn are they still on the team?

I believe Meiguez is coming off ACL or related surgery and has missed a lot of practice. Franks I believe has had some "non football issues" and recently indicated he was transferring but apparently has changed his mind?

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting comment in that thread...how many kids enter the transfer portal because they have been told by their current school that their schollies were not being renewed?
Coaches can't revoke a scholarship for athletic reasons. Kid can tell the coach to stuff it and just ride the bench out if he wants the degree.
Or kid can bring it up to the NCAA and get the coach/school sanctioned.

slugboy

Staff member
Interesting comment in that thread...how many kids enter the transfer portal because they have been told by their current school that their schollies were not being renewed?
There’s probably a fair share of “I don’t see you ever getting playing time, and you can go on a medical scholarship and finish your degree or take your chances somewhere else”. I’m sure there’s also a fair share of “they started someone ahead of me and I’m better than them, I’ll go in the portal and get picked up by a better team; whoops, no one offered out of FBS”.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Coaches can't revoke a scholarship for athletic reasons. Kid can tell the coach to stuff it and just ride the bench out if he wants the degree.
Or kid can bring it up to the NCAA and get the coach/school sanctioned.
“If you ever want to play again, you’ll transfer” is probably just as effective as revocation.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I have a gut wrenching feeling this kid goes to UGA
He’s from Ohio, and Stroud is prob leaving. Could be a possibility there. Also, doesn’t Kirby pride himself on not taking transfers? I don’t think they took any last year at least. I’m sure he’ll take one if the right one came calling.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
uga is loaded with 5-star QB’s waiting in the wings, maybe that will dissuade him. I really hope he doesn’t go there, Dabo on the other hand would be a fool to not go after Armstrong.