Portal Watch 2022-23

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
You know the vultures are circling GT dorms and players friends are lighting up their phones with calls and texts offering big NIL deals. Especially with all the new HC hires and here we sit at GT with no answers known publicly for a search that “officially” started in September yet we knew since end of last season we could very well be in a HC hunt.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You know the vultures are circling GT dorms and players friends are lighting up their phones with calls and texts offering big NIL deals. Especially with all the new HC hires and here we sit at GT with no answers known publicly for a search that “officially” started in September yet we knew since end of last season we could very well be in a HC hunt.
I'm not sure what you would have preferred. Pick a coach with no job who doesn't meet your requirements, just to keep players that may have left anyways? Why are you scared?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Makes me think Key is not getting the job and we might see several more follow.
Rumors are multiple other starters will follow. Wouldn’t be good if it’s any of LaMiles Brooks, D’Quon Douse, Clayton Powell-Lee, Jordan Williams, Jakiah Leftwich, etc.

McCollum was BY FAR the best player on offense all season. This is not an Ahmarean Brown situation

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I try not to think ill of Tech players, but I can’t help but be frustrated that he didn’t decide to transfer until after his first year of noticeable production. Forget Willie Fritz. Let’s hire Jeff Monken or Ken Niumatalolo. It’s already bad enough that college football is a feeder league for the NFL. I have no intention of watching Georgia Tech become a feeder league for the feeder league. Feels like we developed him for harvest by a richer team.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Welcome to 2022 College football where we a just a feeder school for top flight programs.

This is why we need to run something unique. Our players won't get poached
Are you kidding me with this? The only way to keep a stud AB in the 3O from transferring would be to match the NIL money and publicity Alabama would give him.

Congrats to Nate - go get paid, get some media coverage, and make it to the NFL. He will have better odds at all 3 at whatever top flight program he jumps to.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why is anyone surprised? Players want to play on good teams. This is all on Collins and has nothing to do with the coaching search. Players with options don’t have multiple rebuilds in them. We are going to be rebuilding for the next 2-3 years so it’s a good move by him.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
This is very depressing. I’m not sure how we are supposed to get better when we have no money to hire a good coaching staff, which leads to a low number of wins, which leads to players transferring out, which leads to more losses, which leads to poor ticket sales, which leads to more debt. Not sure where we go from here tbh. We can’t compete in this new world of NIL and Portal. Our best players go to Bama, Arkansas and Ole Miss and we get their leftover “scraps” and are expected to somehow compete with them? Sorry I know I’m rambling but it’s hard not to be depressed about the future of the program

Edit: but I don’t blame the players at all. Have to do what is best for themselves. We all would do the same