Portal Watch 2022-23

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Are you kidding me with this? The only way to keep a stud AB in the 3O from transferring would be to match the NIL money and publicity Alabama would give him.

Congrats to Nate - go get paid, get some media coverage, and make it to the NFL. He will have better odds at all 3 at whatever top flight program he jumps to.
Unique does not equal 3O. You don't see Leach's players getting poached even in a down year

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Why is anyone surprised? Players want to play on good teams. This is all on Collins and has nothing to do with the coaching search. Players with options don’t have multiple rebuilds in them. We are going to be rebuilding for the next 2-3 years so it’s a good move by him.
The coaching search is a factor, the team wanted Key and they don't want to wait around and play for someone they don't like. Not saying its right, but its the game now.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
The good news is what goes around comes around. The portal can take, but it can also give. Expect us to pick up some backups from big name schools as well as some stars from smaller ones.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
My hot take on this is anyone making an announcement now made their decision a while ago and would transfer no matter who the head coach is next year.
I agree with this completely. Declaring currently is more about some NIL deal that someone has been promised, not that there might be a new head coach. It's interesting that we've now gone from secret bag men giving money to high school players, to recruiting directly off of current rosters.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
McCollum is a big loss - this one will sting. He was our passing game...I'm curious why he decided to enter the portal. Either way I'm a fan of his and I wish nothing but the best for him. That UCF fumble was one of the best hustle plays I've ever seen.