Poor Wake

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I will admit it. I love college basketball. I know that many GT basketball fans have hid under their sheets for the past decade or so, but I am still here.

Has anybody been following the basketball continent at Wake? Their fan base is revolting against their coach, and twitter just floated that Biz is coming back for another year.

I have a wake friend who I am seriously concerned with right now. He is beside himself. GT is nowhere close to being where Wake is at the moment.

I feel bad for them, Wake is a good job with talent in the state and the surrounding area. It wasn't too long ago that Mr. Timmy Duncan or Chris Paul were running up and down the court.

I feel bad for them, but its great drama to watch

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Better tell your friend to take up drinking 'cause Bdz ain't going anywhere unless the AD gets canned. They're friends (hence why he got the job in the first place) and are joined at the hip. I feel for them too ... a little.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm amazed with myself regarding my post-Hewitt apathy. We had two guys trying out for the under 19 National team this past summer and still couldn't win 1/2 of our games or more than 1/3 in conference.

And it's not just that we're losing, it's that we look like crap when we're losing. But, the fact is that I got so burnt-out hating the lack of progress or promise for GT BB for the last 3-4 years of Hewitt that I can't get too upset with CBG.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Why are we concerned about this? I think we need to address the issues in our program before worrying about Wake.

I don't think you can put "we" totally in this thread.

Your right! about our own concerns. Things are slowly improving and others are not where we can agree were we can be. You sometimes have to rebuild from the bottom/up.

Second, it's just a thread, nothing more or less. It is the off season for us in football and now in basketball which occupies our time until football.

Third, it's beesball season, we need all the supporter's in that department as we can get as well. There's a little ray of light there if you have been keeping up :)>) going into @Ga. State and @UNCheat.

We ALL want GT to be competitive in ALL sports like we are in SCHOOL. jmho

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think you can put "we" totally in this thread.

Your right! about our own concerns. Things are slowly improving and others are not where we can agree were we can be. You sometimes have to rebuild from the bottom/up.

Second, it's just a thread, nothing more or less. It is the off season for us in football and now in basketball which occupies our time until football.

Third, it's beesball season, we need all the supporter's in that department as we can get as well. There's a little ray of light there if you have been keeping up :)>) going into @Ga. State and @UNCheat.

We ALL want GT to be competitive in ALL sports like we are in SCHOOL. jmho

Right. I was not trying to call out the OP, simply saying that we should stay on topic.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So sad that Skip passed away. He was a good coach and had them playing good ball. Seems as if they have had a really tough time overcoming that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thread title should read "Pour Wake ..." Gotta be tough to go through limbo like this. I'd be a little unhappy with AD Wellman if I were them (even more so than they already are).

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Thread title should read "Pour Wake ..." Gotta be tough to go through limbo like this. I'd be a little unhappy with AD Wellman if I were them (even more so than they already are).

What should they do?......

When things were wrong to begin with, you just don't wave a magic wane (in their case) and all is well IMHO. At least they're looking at better coaching....The just needed to get a better AD to begin with.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What should they do?......

When things were wrong to begin with, you just don't wave a magic wane (in their case) and all is well IMHO. At least they're looking at better coaching....The just needed to get a better AD to begin with.

Hey, why you yellin' at me? ;) I was referring to the fact that they should be unhappy with the AD having put them in this position by hiring his unqualified friend in the first place. The sad thing is he still didn't have the stones to fire the guy. If Bz hadn't quit he'd probably be their coach until Wellman was fired.

Anyways, looks like they hired Manning.
I think he did a good job at Tulsa. Don't really have a read on whether this will be all that bad for GT. Wake hasn't really been all that big a threat since Prosser passed but they certainly have the potential to be.

As an aside, Tulsa has UF guard, Scotty Wilbekin's younger brother committed for '14. Don't think he was on our radar at any point, but we can use a talented guard, no?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Danny Manny, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, Jim Boehiem, Coach K , ect............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Brian Gregory we're screwed.