Poll: What do you hope to see next season?

Which would you honestly prefer to see next season?

• Total voters

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What if it's a mediocre season? Like 6-6 and a thffpptt bowl game? Then what? Is that going to be enough to save his job?
With the previous three years, maybe six wins is a good year, by comparison. But a good year, to me, is 8 wins. That's 2/3 of your regular season games. You win 2/3 of your games in MLB and you're on fire. In the NBA, it's about 53 wins, and that's a good year. Puts you at 11-6 or thereabouts in the NFL, and that's good enough most years to at least get a wild card spot.
7 wins is decent. At least you broke even. That can let you leave Vegas with at least a smile and some change in your pocket.
6 is mediocre to lackluster. Tepid fits as well.
5 is dear God how much longer do we have to put up with this (bleep)?
4 or < is ... time to storm the castle.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t imagine being a Tech fan and actively hoping the team loses. I get the at not everyone is a CGC fan, but this is more than him, this is about the team.

Like, imagine sinking a ship just to kill the captain. That’s ridiculous, don’t hope for the downfall of something you love just because you don’t like the guy in charge.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
What if it's a mediocre season? Like 6-6 and a thffpptt bowl game? Then what? Is that going to be enough to save his job?
With the previous three years, maybe six wins is a good year, by comparison. But a good year, to me, is 8 wins. That's 2/3 of your regular season games. You win 2/3 of your games in MLB and you're on fire. In the NBA, it's about 53 wins, and that's a good year. Puts you at 11-6 or thereabouts in the NFL, and that's good enough most years to at least get a wild card spot.
7 wins is decent. At least you broke even. That can let you leave Vegas with at least a smile and some change in your pocket.
6 is mediocre to lackluster. Tepid fits as well.
5 is dear God how much longer do we have to put up with this (bleep)?
4 or < is ... time to storm the castle.
6 wins plus a killer recruiting class would certainly tilt the scale in CGCs favor

Jmonty71

Banned
There's what I "hope" to see and than what I "expect" to see. I hope we win 7-8 games and pull out of this tail spin. My expectation is we win 4, maybe 5 games and Geoff will be fired.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Gosh I hope we win games. I hope we go out and show marked improvement in all facets of the game. I hope we win a game against an opponent we aren't favored too, and hold serve against the middle to bottom teams.

If we win more than 7 games next year, the tides will begin to turn. CGC has the chops to see the Institute. He has proven to bring in top classes when we win 3 games, imagine if we actually start winning!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Get me 10 wins in 2022...
(Not just 1 plus the 9 from the previous 3 years. I.e. CGC has 19 total wins at GT at the end of the 2022 season.)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I could never want my team to lose.

Do I believe CGC will survive? No, but if he does, that is a good thing.

I disagree about 6 wins. If we get mutilated in multiple losses, or we play non-disciplined FB when we win & lose, or coaching decisions appear to cost us multiple games, 6 may not be enough.
I think 6 wins out of 12 (no cancellations) is the minimum, but like you said it doesn't guarantee Collins will be retained.

Jmonty71

Banned
I will say this. If we lose to Western Carolina, I don't think he should be allowed to even finish the season. He should be fired, right after the game. I'm probably the only one that thinks this. But, truth is truth. We lose to Clemson and Ole Miss? Sure. I expect that. We get blown out both games? He should see the door equally as well.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think I'm with you on this. He's got all winter to make sure this is a W. If the team is not ready, hungry for that game...it's all on Collins.

Fire him after the game and try to salvage the rest of the season.

And just a thought...is it possible that the team WANTS a change and doesn't come out fighting for CGC in that first game? :oops:

Last edited:

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
There's what I "hope" to see and than what I "expect" to see. I hope we win 7-8 games and pull out of this tail spin. My expectation is we win 4, maybe 5 games and Geoff will be fired.
5 is the decision point. Less than this definitely gone, greater definitely here. The decision at 5 depends on how good/ bad we look in losses and, more importantly, how recruiting is stacking up.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
And just a thought...is it possible that the team WANTS a change and doesn't come out fighting for CGC in that first game? :oops:

I disagree with this for a variety of reasons:

1. These players want to WIN more than anything else. No player wants to actively go out on the field and lose a game. Especially after the past 3 years.

2. The players seem to love CGC. They all talk about how he and his staff are family and really feel close to one another. Now, that hasn’t translated to wins, but the culture and bonds are there.

3. Any player that would scheme to throw games and intentionally try to get a coach removed would probably get their scholarship revoked and kicked off the team. That’s a toxic culture, and that’s just a bad idea.