Poll - Number of Wins This Year

How many regular season games will GT win? (Assuming 12 are played.)

Votes: 24 15.5%

Votes: 54 34.8%

Votes: 52 33.5%

Votes: 21 13.5%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I predicted four victories and believe that is the ceiling for us. I have serious doubts that GT wins another game this year but I hope they do. 32

Jmonty71

Banned
I think VT and Miami are our best shots for Was. I think we beat one, but not the other. To add, I think we will give BC fits....not sure if it will be enough for a win, however. I say, we have 1 more win, 2 more we should of won, but lost and rest we get torched, like a monster's mansion in Translyvania.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen VT and BC play this year?
Can't comment on BC but tonight with way too much time on my hands I watched Virginia Tech's first game against UNC and the last one against Syracuse. It was like watching two completely different teams. They played outstanding defense against UNC with a lot of man to man coverage that blanketed the UNC receivers and frustrated Sam Howell. That was not in evidence against Syracuse but beware, the Hokies have some really talented athletes on that defense and a very athletic if erratic quarterback in Burmeister. They used a tall, fast, defensive end/outside linebacker whose name escapes me, #11 to spy on Howell and he bedeviled him all night long. I can see them doing something similar to Sims with that guy. That said, they are 3-4 and on a three game losing streak. We can beat this team and we certainly have a better offense. Defense? May be a different story.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Getting to 5 would calm the mob a bit, because you could point back to any number of games and say we were so close to making a bowl. 4 as already stated is hard to pitch that we’ve improved as a unit.

FWIW, getting to four still leaves us tied with the worst three year stretch in 40 years.

If we lost out the staff will generally lose the fan base.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I think we can win one more. How a once proud football program has to hope to win 4 games...pitiful. On a lighter note, if Georgia doesn't win the national championship this year with their current team, they might as well drop football. They got everything going for them with lots of money, recruiting, facilities, highly paid coaches, sold out stadium, very good players and tons of national media coverage. When we play them it will be like David's little sister vs Goliath.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
One series was of note to me, Thacker came with the "house" on a first and second down and UVA winds up with 3rd and 24 and then he decides to drop 8 and they make a first down, told me our DC is clueless. When we put the pressure on their QB we had success, why not keep doing so, we've been platooning players and think I counted we played 11 DLs in the game. Now instead of getting off the field and resting they stay on for a lot more plays.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Every team we play will move the ball at will. The blueprint on us is out and we will do nothing to correct it. We have a small chance at beating VT and that is all.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Beat VT and either BC or Miami for 5 W's this year... Hitting 6 will be gravy. Hitting 7 or 8 and some will be asking for a statue of CGC!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think we can win one more. How a once proud football program has to hope to win 4 games...pitiful. On a lighter note, if Georgia doesn't win the national championship this year with their current team, they might as well drop football. They got everything going for them with lots of money, recruiting, facilities, highly paid coaches, sold out stadium, very good players and tons of national media coverage. When we play them it will be like David's little sister vs Goliath.
There is literally no excuse for uga not to walk away with a NC. Sadly.