Poll - Number of Wins This Year

How many regular season games will GT win? (Assuming 12 are played.)

Votes: 24 15.5%

Votes: 54 34.8%

Votes: 52 33.5%

Votes: 21 13.5%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have at it. I had us optimistically with 5 wins this year. Still there. We are getting better.

VT - they've lost 3 in a row. Weak and wounded. (50% win)
@UM - they are finding their groove. Always undisciplined. (45% win)
BC - we should win this one. At 0-3 ACC they are due for some wins. (60% win)
@ND - overrated but better than us. (25% win)
uGag - time to go to the mountains. (1% win)
Total - 181% winning

Poll closes Saturday AM before VT game.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
We'll win VT, Bc, and pull a patented GT vs Cle.sn or UVA against UGA and ND. Miami will win going away to end with 5 wins total and a very confused and grumbley fanbase.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
5 looks to me like our ceiling. I had thought UM might be a win, but they showed last night they have not folded.

If we fold, we might not reach 5. It will be VERY hard to sell improvement if we finish 4-8.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That's a torched secondary.

Its like we practice soft
I thought they played fairly well in the UNCheat game. Whatever is causing the regression, such as the pitiful pass rush last night, needs to be corrected. Miss a tackle, the guy goes 70 yards on the far right flat.

Thacker started stunting in the fourth quarter, when Tech fell way behind. Kind of late to put some pressure on Armstrong. QBacking is a rhythm on a drive, which needs to be broken up. The poor tackling or going for so many strips, like on Thompson for instance, is fundamentally poor play.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I had us at 7 wins before the season started. I was basing that on playing up to our potential which we have not done except perhaps with Clemson and UNC.

I hate to contemplate the notion that we might actually be as bad of a team as we have shown.

Surely we have one more win in us. If that win were Georgia every single poster on here would forgive every single disappointment over the last three years.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
5 feels like where we end up. And your odds are pretty close to what I would have. Feel like the odds of beating VT is probably a little higher than you have, but the odds of beating Miami are a little lower.
The home games against VT and BC are definitely our best opportunities for wins.

UGA is more about whether we can score a single TD on their D. After their game last night I am feeling less confident about our chances in South Bend. i think we will keep that one close, but ultimately lose late.
The 3 ACC games are all winnable, but I doubt we will all 3, i just hope we win 2 of them. We still haven't won back to back games under CGC and that three game stretch seems like our best chance this year. VT looks like it is falling apart and next week is only their 2nd road game of the entire season. BC is really starting to feel the effects of losing their starting QB. Van Dyke at Miami seems to be getting better by the week and that game is going to be a shoot out imo.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
With this coaching staff on defense and our defense 3 is it the rest of the year they need to play the younger players on defense. I thought our DB's was where we were strong with 4 star players shows me one of two things the defensive coaches can't coach or the 4 stars were over rated.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think 4 wins is where we are. We beat VT or Boston College and lose to Miami, Notre Dame and Georgia. Based on how our defense has performed against any QB with some skills (with the notable exception of NC), I just don't see how we hold anyone down on defense. Unless we figure out how to put some pressure on QBs, we just don't seem to have the schemes to hold up on pass defense.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think 4, maybe 5. I don't see Tech beating da U, ND, or the dwags. We might beat either VT or BC, but both of those teams are the kind that make it harder for us. VT is pretty good on D and BC will just line up and run right over us. We could beat one of them, however. Then we'll have to see on recruiting.

We look better on O and worse on D then we did last year. And we still don't have a good football team.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought they played fairly well in the UNCheat game. Whatever is causing the regression, such as the pitiful pass rush last night, needs to be corrected. Miss a tackle, the guy goes 70 yards on the far right flat.

Thacker started stunting in the fourth quarter, when Tech fell way behind. Kind of late to put some pressure on Armstrong. QBacking is a rhythm on a drive, which needs to be broken up. The poor tackling or going for so many strips, like on Thompson for instance, is fundamentally poor play.
He needed to spy the QB. He torched us on scrambles for big gains. The kid had a big night against us but he is a cocky sob. I wanted us to light him up by the end of the game.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck

They were able to get pressure in that game people don't realize howell had people open just not enough time to get it off.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Have at it. I had us optimistically with 5 wins this year. Still there. We are getting better.

VT - they've lost 3 in a row. Weak and wounded. (50% win)
@UM - they are finding their groove. Always undisciplined. (45% win)
BC - we should win this one. At 0-3 ACC they are due for some wins. (60% win)
@ND - overrated but better than us. (25% win)
uGag - time to go to the mountains. (1% win)
Total - 181% winning

Poll closes Saturday AM before VT game.
I think most people are saying 5 wins but I am sticking with my preseason projection of 4 wins. IF we beat the Hokies next week, then we will probably win 5, perhaps even 6. Lose next week and it is hard to see much more than four wins.