Please consider going to the Clemson game!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Since it is still apparent that we cannot reliably complete passes, and since we have no QB alternative this year to improve our passing, maybe we need to look back to the 1976 Tech win over Notre Dane at Grant Field for inspiration...

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't really think we have a chance. I can't remember when I last was so sure of a loss. But that said, many years we win one we have no business winning. Likewise, Clem plays the occasional road stinker. It could happen.

I am considering it. Maybe the Jackets need the number 1 Tech fan in the stands. I was there in 2011. I could take the The 6:00 pm flight out on Friday. Maybe sport the Camo.

Attachments

• GaTechClemson2011 004.JPG
    GaTechClemson2011 004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 38

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Atleast
Clemson fans are fine but that damn spelling chant of theirs is nauseating.

It’s still echoing in my brain from that’s 39-3 game.
Atleast we wont have to hear that ridiculous tiger sound they play at home when a touchdown is scored...
#PositiveThings

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
There are numerous lower tier FBS athletic programs that don't seem to have a problem with consistent fan support during rough times. Ive never been anything but a GT fan to be fair..... but I do feel like we are a major part of our own problem with the way we as fans/alumni react to adversity. It seems like we have plenty of fans when times are good but they are very much fair weather which really feeds negativity in general. Being in a state with another major power five school is different vs some of those below average programs mentioned above with great fan support (big state schools mostly). I really do feel like we could do a lot better as fans regardless of what our guys do on the field....our players seem to have very little support due to this mentality. One example, Ole Miss had a ton of folks there to see them get destroyed by Bama last night...its not like they didn't all expect that result but they were there. Obviously, we have been more successful than Ole Miss hence some higher expectations but I would say we need to get better as fans if we really want a healthier program from top to bottom. I have heard from some older folks that GT folks have been this way for a long time but I think it might be getting worse.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There are numerous lower tier FBS athletic programs that don't seem to have a problem with consistent fan support during rough times..

Because most of those programs have fanbases that care more about getting wasted at the tailgate than watching football. The game is just an excuse to get drunk and act stupid for them.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
Because most of those programs have fanbases that care more about getting wasted at the tailgate than watching football. The game is just an excuse to get drunk and act stupid for them.
Another problem is that we seem to always think we are different or have excuses. Just calling it like I see it. I’m a Tech grad and I wish we would stop making them so much. It’s a crutch in many ways.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I would be there but I’m out of town so will be watching on TV. I’m a relatively new fan/grad but I’ve never seen the fan base this demoralized in my 8 seasons. It’ll show in the stands on Saturday.

There is very little optimism with this program right now, and deservedly so.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I would be there but I’m out of town so will be watching on TV. I’m a relatively new fan/grad but I’ve never seen the fan base this demoralized in my 8 seasons. It’ll show in the stands on Saturday.

There is very little optimism with this program right now, and deservedly so.
Stick around for a while. We got a LONG way to go to drop to where it was when I was a RAT. You got it good young man!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Stick around for a while. We got a LONG way to go to drop to where it was when I was a RAT. You got it good young man!
Oh I’m never quitting because I trapped myself into this when I put my deposit down in spring 2011. I still have fun watching and attending the games even when we suck and aren’t getting results.

It does definitely take the wind out of my sails and desire to watch the prime time games sometimes.