Please consider going to the Clemson game!

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by yellowjacketjosh, Sep 15, 2018 at 8:51 PM.

1. yellowjacketjosh

yellowjacketjosh Jolly Good Fellow

Even though we are 1-2 right now, we need to support the players! No boycotting these games. The ACC has given us 3:30 kickoff at Bobby Dodd next week (only because Clemson #2) and we are on national network television ABC or ESPN. It would be truly an embarrassment if those Tiger fans took over our stadium, even though they probably have.

2. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Ramblin' Wreck

3. Matt E

Matt E GT Athlete

Clemson fans all over twitter verse saying GT fans are dumping tickets in mass. Could be ugly

4. Oakland

Oakland Helluva Engineer

I think I have a root canal scheduled for next Saturday. Seriously, I'm debating whether to give my season tickets away to a family member or attending to support the players only. My wife is done with CPJ so she won't be there anymore.

64jacket and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  5. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I always go to the home games do I think we can beat Clemson no but I didn't think we could beat FSU and we did.

plangineer, Jacketman, sgreer and 3 others like this.
  6. Buzz*The*Plumber

Buzz*The*Plumber Helluva Engineer

I will be there with my parents and a friend. BDS is our home. I don't run from ANYBODY in our home. Zero respect for fans too chicken**** to support our team when they need it most.

7. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

Heck yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz*The*Plumber and Matt E like this.
  8. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

Not that this should matter but Clemson fans are much more tolerable than UGAg and Miami fans, win or lose.

TaxJacket, lauraee, 91Wreck and 4 others like this.
  9. Buzz*The*Plumber

By chicken****, I don't really mean that people are scared of Clemson fans-- I mean they are scared to lose. If we lose, we lose, Tech is still our team, right? I want CPJ gone as much as the next person, but in the meantime I'll be pulling for us to win, as I have for my entire life.

10. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

Yes, I know. Sorry. I just remembered how miserable the Miami and UGA fans were the last time they were at BDS. By contrast, the Clemson fans were pretty nice. Heck, I went to the game at Clemson last year and I got a few free beers.

11. Jmonty71

Jmonty71 Helluva Engineer

I would love to go. But, really can't spend 100 per ticket, right now. We are about to go under contract, for a house.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  12. Dave.S

Dave.S Ramblin' Wreck

My parents and I are long time season ticket holders. I’ll be there with my six yr old son who is pissed that we are losing but I’m not teaching him to bail on the players and his loyalty to the word team. Go Jackets.

13. 64jacket

64jacket Georgia Tech Fan

I'm Done !! Tickets (4) up for sell as of last night.

14. Buzz*The*Plumber

Please see Dave S.'s post above, and reconsider. Abandoning the team does nothing but hurt the team and the program.

plangineer likes this.
  15. Vespidae

Vespidae Helluva Engineer

I’ll be there in Section 107. But I wonder if the team will show up.

GT_05 likes this.
  16. knoxjacket

knoxjacket Helluva Engineer

Clemson fans are fine but that damn spelling chant of theirs is nauseating.

It’s still echoing in my brain from that’s 39-3 game.

buzzinanut69 likes this.
  17. techfan#14

techfan#14 Jolly Good Fellow

The last thing we need is for our stadium to be full of opposing fans on a national stage. The fact that it happens anyway is ridiculous. I have followed this team since I was 12 years old, I am 34 now and have never wavered. I hate losing but I will never give up on our team. I did not attend Tech though I wish I could have, but I feel like I have more love and affinity for it than most. I live multiple hours away and try to attend at least 3 to 4 games a year. It pains me to see our attendance, and people want to complain about recruiting etc... It's all linked. Nothing worse than a fair weather fan. Again I know the L's are tough, I don't like the product I'm seeing. But if I could be at every game I would be. Too much love and appreciation for the program/institute to not be. The players are special no matter what the outcome of a game is. We need to be there for them especially.

GTdragons, biggtfan, Dave.S and 7 others like this.
  18. Josh H

Josh H Ramblin' Wreck

I'll be there. If I stopped going to home games just because we were losing, I would've missed FSU 2015, which is probably the best experience I've had in a college stadium.

You go to all the games. Besides...they already have my money :)

GTdragons, GT_05, lauraee and 6 others like this.
  19. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

NOPE.... We were down by 21 to Pitt.... It will be worse against Clemson...

64jacket and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  20. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I really don’t know what to expect from this game. On paper we should get rolled and the Clemson starters will be out by halftime. That being said, we could pull off an upset and we will all wonder where this team came from.