Players You Are Most Excited to Watch

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've been thinking about the guys I'm most excited to see this year by position, so I figured I would post and see who everyone else is excited about.

QB: obviously JT, and if he can get back to the 2014 level and maybe even better, I am however interested in how the backup battle is going.

BB: Dedrick Mills, the dude imo is going to be the real deal.

AB: Lynn Griffin, he really is coming into his own with the switch imo.

I won't do every spot at the o line so I'll just name two.
Shamire Devine
Freddie burden
If Burden can be the QB of the line and Devine can do what we know he's capable of,other D lines better watch out.

WR: Christian Philpott, I hope he can get fully healthy and get his confidence completely back.

DE: keShun Freeman, with the added size and another year under his belt I wanna see if he can turn into a very good pass rusher, coach said he is probably the one guy during the spring that really showed out and won his spot so I wanna see that progression.

DT: Francis Kallon, I have heard some good things about him and hoping it has "clicked" for him.

CB: Lamont Simmons, he's got a really high upside imo and i hope he can make an impact this year.

LB: Brant Mitchell, don't be surprised if he has 75 plus tackles this year.

S: Corey Griffin, we already know what Gray is capable of, so I'm hoping to see Griffin make some big hits this year.

Last edited:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I've been thinking about the guys I'm most excited to see this year by position, so I figured I would post and see who everyone else is excited about.

QB: obviously JT, and if he can get back to the 2014 level and maybe even better, I am however interested in how the backup battle is going.

BB: Dedrick Mills, the dude imo is going to be the real deal.

AB: Lynn Griffin, he really is coming into his own with the switch imo.

I won't do every spot at the o line so I'll just name two.
Shamire Devine
Freddie burden
If Burden can be the QB of the line and Devine can do what we know he's capable of,other D lines better watch out.

WR: Christian Philpott, I hope he can get fully healthy and get his confidence completely back.

DE: keShun Freeman, with the added size and another year under his belt I wanna see if he can turn into a very good pass rusher, coach said he is probably the one guy during the spring that really showed out and won his spot so I wanna see that progression.

DT: Francis Kallon, I have heard some good things about him and hoping it has "clicked" for him.

CB: Lamont Simmons, he's got a really high upside imo and i hope he can make an impact this year.

LB: Brant Mitchell, don't be surprised if he has 75 plus tackles this year.

S: Corey Griffin, we already know what Gray is capable of, so I'm hoping to see Griffin make some big hits this year.
Good choices,all. I would add Lamar Owens as special teams coordinator.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Am hopeful to see us go with more frequent subs/rotation early in year. This will build for end of year road games and for future.
A few years ago we heard on other boards "coach is playing the players that give us best chance to win" there forewait till next year or injury.
Last year the defense put in several db and lb and dl over seasoned vets. Also happened on ol - at dt true freshman and r freshman actually beat out 2 fifth year seniors.

Will be excited to watch the non starters to look for any drop off. I believe our schemes are not so complicated that it takes 4 years to learn.
Specifically Always like tre jackson . Hope curry gets pt and shines. The big guy adams and glanton should be a good 1&2 down guy.

Could build a solid FUTURE

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Eason Fromayan, Will Bryan, Freddie Burden, Shamire Devine, Trey Klock
Kind of illogical to believe we are optimistic that this young group can be better than last years senior filled group.

With a year to study the schemes defenses used last year and with the speed and nasty attitude at tackle, I am optimistic.
I think we will be very good.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will, AJ Gray, Dedrick, and Nathan are the players I am most excited to watch. These are players I am excited about that I don't have a lot of information.

Oh never mind, I can think of so many more... I just got to wait till the first game.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am excited to see Nathan Cottrell and Kirvonte Benson, primarily because I have never seen the play before. I guess the same goes for Adams on the DL. He is huge. I am pretty sure Mills is the real deal at BB too. He looked good in the spring game. I need somebody to get excited about at WR.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Offense:
JT
MM
Mills
Green
Griffin
And gotta put Juene and Lynch on here because I don't think they get enough credit

Defense:
Freeman
Glanton
Mitchell
Gray

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Hoping to see Marshall jump as much from Fr. To Soph. Year as Dwyer, but finding himself splitting time with Mills because he is that good! This happens because Devine is wiping out two at a time and Burden is healthy in mind and body. Let me add that neither ends up being the best lineman this year. A true sophomore at the other guard position gets the honor. This matches the dream I had at around 3:00 am before my routine of hitting the john disturbed this wonderful thought!