Play Makers

Justin Thomas, Rickey Juene, Clinton Lynch, KirVonte Benson, Dedrick Mills, Marcus Marshall, TaQuan Marshall, and that’s not including OL that could play P5 football in the SEC, etc.

Based on the recruiting limitations we have, he does pretty good. We are a couple a plays away from being 8-2 and you wouldn’t even have signed up for a GT Swarm account. Go be a Duke basketball and Alabama football fan so your life can be full of nothing except talk.
All those players equal 50 something in the recruiting rankings. Sad thing is this isn't as top 50 team.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm here. I picked us in the prediction contest because wtf. How cares how you pick that?That is different than betting money on the game, which I most assuredly did not. So here's one of them...I can't account for all the others. This internet thing is somewhat anonymous.

Weird we live in a world that tech fans look to call out other tech fans who thought tech would win, on a tech board.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Bad mistake going with Taquon this year over Someone more comfortable throwing the ball
Feel like this is the most underrated comment of the year.

Taquon is a great runner, but can't make the throws we need. He missed two easy throws I can think of today that would have made at least sla difference in the game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The two big problems with Johnson. 1) He is a mediocre recruiter. People will always lean on the academics crutch to overlook that. 2). He stopped evolving his offense. We've tried once to evolve the offense under Johnson and he got cold feet and bailed on that without really giving it a shot.

Johnson in theory is the right coach for us. But not with the way he has been the past several years.
Head coaches don't recruit much, they close per Kelly Q. This imo is probably true.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas, Rickey Juene, Clinton Lynch, KirVonte Benson, Dedrick Mills, Marcus Marshall, TaQuan Marshall, and that’s not including OL that could play P5 football in the SEC.

Said like a guy who doesn’t know what championship talent looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I'm here. I picked us in the prediction contest because wtf. How cares how you pick that?That is different than betting money on the game, which I most assuredly did not. So here's one of them...I can't account for all the others. This internet thing is somewhat anonymous.

I picked us to lose 49-10, so I was wrong, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Where are all those Pollyannas who thought we would beat #7 UGA, because we got shellacked by a mediocre Duke team?
I’m here. I never root for our team to suck, but whatever sport I was playing I never showed up thinking I was going to lose either. Maybe it’s easier for you?

I get the loser mentality- I suck. I’m going to lose. See I lost. I’m happy. I’m not a bad person. Give me my participation trophy. Don’t complain. I was supposed to lose & I did.

Gray Fox

GT Athlete
I don't know if our coaches are good or bad recruiters. But I know GT is an incredibly tough sell to 98% of elite hs players. School is very hard, majors are limited, and our system isn't going to prepare anyone for the NFL. That's what our opponents on the recruiting trail are telling these kids. I sure would. If there's an easier pitch against GT I'd like to hear it.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Stansbury has to mandate that Johnson have a better run/pass balance. Say 60/40 or 70/30. And he has got to sign throwing QB's that can run, not just the best athlete on their high school team.
Seriously? The AD can't mandate anything. If he TS doesn't like the offence he should just fire the coach. You don't mandate the football coach's style.