Play Makers

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The two big problems with Johnson. 1) He is a mediocre recruiter. People will always lean on the academics crutch to overlook that. 2). He stopped evolving his offense. We've tried once to evolve the offense under Johnson and he got cold feet and bailed on that without really giving it a shot.

Johnson in theory is the right coach for us. But not with the way he has been the past several years.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If teams respect your passing game and do not stack the box, you can be less efficient with your reads and still run the ball effectively

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Bad mistake going with Taquon this year over Someone more comfortable throwing the ball
Over whom?? Matt Jordan?!? Do you remember the VT game last year... he threw ducks when he did throw.

Marshall now has something to work on even more in the off season. The only argument I’m willing to entertain is that Marshall’s running ability mixed with Vad Lee’s throwing ability = success!

Most of us think that’s Lucas Johnson... based on what, HS footage? UGA’s defense isn’t high school. Let LJ try to win it out in the spring, not try to kill him self against a hungry, “doesn’t lose to Duke” team.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
There is a team that is crushing us with a freshman QB who apparently threw the ball some in high school. Being average in two dimensions - running and passing - means your offense isn't one dimensional.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol this is bc CPJ can't recruit!!!!
Justin Thomas, Rickey Juene, Clinton Lynch, KirVonte Benson, Dedrick Mills, Marcus Marshall, TaQuan Marshall, and that’s not including OL that could play P5 football in the SEC, etc.

Based on the recruiting limitations we have, he does pretty good. We are a couple a plays away from being 8-2 and you wouldn’t even have signed up for a GT Swarm account. Go be a Duke basketball and Alabama football fan so your life can be full of nothing except talk.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We are in an interesting situation. We run a system that allegedly allows to us to even the playing field. However UGA looks like a HS team playing a JV team today. Does our system (not our school, that is another issue) preclude us getting the better athletes? Do we have a single player that would start for Uga? I'm not sure that any of us have the answer to the first question. That is for Todd to figure out.Two of our last 3 years have had losing records. What has changed?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Where are all those Pollyannas who thought we would beat #7 UGA, because we got shellacked by a mediocre Duke team?

I'm here. I picked us in the prediction contest because wtf. How cares how you pick that?That is different than betting money on the game, which I most assuredly did not. So here's one of them...I can't account for all the others. This internet thing is somewhat anonymous.