PLAY BALL!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The game only lasted 2hrs 26min.

It's very possible that'll end up being the shortest game of the season. I didn't see the game. Listened via WREK. Anyone willing to assess/comment on Curry's pace. It sounded like he was working very quickly.
The way baseball should be... Less than 2.5 hours. jmo...

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Good start so far. But like I said last year, these games are glorified spring training. Better to win than lose though!

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
The game only lasted 2hrs 26min.

It's very possible that'll end up being the shortest game of the season. I didn't see the game. Listened via WREK. Anyone willing to assess/comment on Curry's pace. It sounded like he was working very quickly.

I have seen Zay pitch a couple times (his dad is my AD). He works VERY fast. He kinda gave me the heads up that he was likely to start last night about a week ago and seemed very excited yet cool about it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think that BYU was ranked, Marshall came close to making the tourney last year, and WMU won their conference. These games are certainly not gimmes but then again, no game in baseball is a gimme.

You may be right, but Western Michigan has already lost to both Georgia State and Kennesaw Sate, while Marshall has lost to us and a Georgia State. Only BYU, which drilled Kennesaw yesterday after losing to us, looks like they have a pulse.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes baseball scoring/stat figuring just doesn't make sense. Hughes pitches 4 scoreless innings, 5 other pitchers pitch 1 inning each. Hughes is replaced in T5 & Tech has an 11 run lead. Yet, Hughes gets a "no decision" ...Parr faced 3 batters & gets the W. Nothing wrong with Parr's performance ... He did his job perfectly. Just seems odd to me.

This a reason why looking at pitchers' W/L records should not be done in a vacuum.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sometimes baseball scoring/stat figuring just doesn't make sense. Hughes pitches 4 scoreless innings, 5 other pitchers pitch 1 inning each. Hughes is replaced in T5 & Tech has an 11 run lead. Yet, Hughes gets a "no decision" ...Parr faced 3 batters & gets the W. Nothing wrong with Parr's performance ... He did his job perfectly. Just seems odd to me.

This a reason why looking at pitchers' W/L records should not be done in a vacuum.
Parr was nicknamed "The Vulture" last year for a reason, haha! Agree with you though. Hughes looked really good at times. 7 K's and 2-3 walks will bump up that pitch count and that's the only reason he didn't get to go back out in the 5th. Smart decision by CDH; I'm sure he would've liked to have gotten Hughes that W as well.

We need to get some early runs on the board again today--it sure makes the pitcher's job a lot easier.