PJ Radio Show

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Marcus Marshall comparison to a certain "Johny Dwyer" caught my ear. Really surprised more ppl aren't talking about this haha.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Marcus Marshall comparison to a certain "Johny Dwyer" caught my ear. Really surprised more ppl aren't talking about this haha.
Surprising for a number of reasons. But, mostly just great to hear! Shows a lot of promise.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
His running style reminded me of him as well in his highlight tape. Although MM may be a little smaller he is a legit 4.4 guy where Dwyer was a mid 4.5 guy, so he should have a quicker first step than Dwyer.

His running style reminded me of him as well in his highlight tape. Although MM may be a little smaller he is a legit 4.4 guy where Dwyer was a mid 4.5 guy, so he should have a quicker first step than Dwyer.
He may have that quicker first step but I can promise you he doesn't have the run away speed like Dwyer. Once he got behind the front 7, you can kiss him goodbye. I can remember his run against FSU 09 early in the 3 quarter where he just ran away from their secondary. He also did to UGA in 08. Looking forward to seeing MM play Thursday.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The ones tired of Brad Stewart talk, please scroll down now to the next post...

O.K.-Those left should know that Brad will play a lot, sounded like the 3rd receiver mentioned after Summers and Jeune(will play 5 or 6 this year)by CPJ. He indicated he was a little better than realized when watching him during the recruitment. Spoke of what kind of athlete he is in basketball and baseball. Definetly said that Stew. had a football I.Q.

Now, back to Cuse who is working double-duty, while Eric is changing the little GT gal and trying to get her outfitted for the game. Wishing The Tech Shoppe across from the Varsity on Spring St. was still around.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think it's safe to say W Bryan, M Marshall, Vic Alexander, B Mitchell, and Stewart will all play. T Marshall also, maybe MLD. I think Cotrell certainly would have except for his knee. Seems like QW hadn't been ruled out for playing time.

I'm less sure about Henderson, Glanton, and Anree St Amour.

I'm gonna put an early over under of 8 for these guys as to how many end up in the NFL. Helluva class. I'm taking the over btw :)

I think it's safe to say W Bryan, M Marshall, Vic Alexander, B Mitchell, and Stewart will all play. T Marshall also, maybe MLD. I think Cotrell certainly would have except for his knee. Seems like QW hadn't been ruled out for playing time.

I'm less sure about Henderson, Glanton, and Anree St Amour.

I'm gonna put an early over under of 8 for these guys as to how many end up in the NFL. Helluva class. I'm taking the over btw :)
Sounds about right!

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Dwyer had legit track speed (2nd in the 100m in GA's highest classification), and he was special in the open field. He just gained weight his JR year and wasn't as fast.

Had Dwyer stayed in shape, he would have been in the 4.4's...and probably would have been drafted A LOT higher. He was rated as a first round pick at one point before his senior year.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought CPJ's weather forecast for Thursday was some of the better news from the night. Should be a nice evening at Bobby Dodd.

Obviously, Hurricane Erika petered out. One good thing (I suppose) about a Thursday night opener is that it WON'T be a sweltering 92 degree afternoon.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
My computer kept buffering last night but I think I heard CPJ say that Beau Hankins wasn't playing because he was hurt. Did I hear right?
I stepped out of the room and missed a few seconds of one segment. That was when he was rattling off a lot of the takeaways people have mentioned here. He might have.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
He may have that quicker first step but I can promise you he doesn't have the run away speed like Dwyer. Once he got behind the front 7, you can kiss him goodbye. I can remember his run against FSU 09 early in the 3 quarter where he just ran away from their secondary. He also did to UGA in 08. Looking forward to seeing MM play Thursday.
I will have to wait on that promise, as I think we have 3 freshmen that have run away speed you are reflecting on. Marshall and the two out with knee surgery. I think PJ is on the mark. The kid now is over 210lbs and may find us reflecting in 2020 about his breakaway speed and that he is the best back from his family.