#PittvsGT Postgame

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Was at the game. Awful performance in all phases. Was disappointed before the kickoff with the small crowd. There was no energy at all. Thought people would show up and be enthusiastic after last week. But in the first series when there was still no score I was the only one standing up in my section on third down. That does not excuse the horrible coaching and performance but reflects the state of the program.
So its not the fan's fault right?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
At some point you wonder if Gibbs will have to transfer for his pro prospects
At some point you wonder if some people on here actually want to see GT succeed.

As for the game, I missed the first half coaching my kids. Was very surprised to see 42-14 when I pulled my phone out.

I’ll comment on the 2nd half.

Highly disappointed in play calling on defense. The fact that we were bringing 3 guys and Pickett could go through every progression at least once pissed me off.

Oline was below average. Play calling inside the 10 was terrible.

Didn’t like Collins punting down 4 scores. Didn’t like the play call on 3rd and short before the punt either.

Positives:

Rutherford is slippery and looks like he will be a weapon in the slot. Filled in nicely with McGowen out.

Sims threw the ball really well and seemed to have good poise.

Ivey and Domineck continue to move the LOS when they aren’t double teamed.

Tatum seems to have a nose for the ball while he’s out there.

This young team is still learning a lot of things. They need to learn how to handle success. I think we beat Duke and still think we can beat anyone else in the coastal too.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
That was embarrassing. Had a Pitt fan sitting behind me. I welcomed him to Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field and he gave me a blank stare. Wanted to be a good host.

At halftime he was surprised how poorly Tech played. As was I.

The first half was worse than Clemson last year. And that was the worst Tech team I have seen in 35 years.

Pit dominated the LOS. What a difference from last week. Both sides of the ball.

Can I get my money back because of false advertisement from CGC?

I was really psyched after last week. What a crazy season this has been.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The results of being dominated on both LOS

2 turnovers being induced by our LG didn’t help matters today.
TOs started the nonsense (both by Jeff btw), but we didn’t exactly bounce back afterwards. D got an F today. Not sure the O is graded much better.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn’t think our team had turned the corner after last week and don’t think they are awful after this week. We got schooled by an experienced qb. Offensive execution needs to be better, but that is something that can be fixed with more experienced/better players.

At this point, I’m not sure Dontae isn’t our best running back. He is the fastest and hardest to bring down and with the struggles of our oline, that’s what we need right now.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If we were 3-1 heading into this game it would be a lot easier to stomach. As it stands I don’t know what to think. It seems like this staff has a very hard time getting guys refocused after a win. They did a good job having them ready after a tough loss against Clemson, but damn. At some point you’ve got to prove you can win consecutive games. As it stands it doesn’t look like we have a great shot to do it the rest of this season.