#PittvsGT Postgame

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Games truly are won and lost in the trenches. We dominated the LOS on D last week and were about even on O. We got dominated on both LOS's today.

Our Interior OL specifically is atrocious

As for defense, NIU gave the blue print. Keep in a few blockers and let the QB work! We should never get sliced up the way we did while dropping 8 into coverage

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My hope was shattered.

Keystone cops performance. Loss result was maxxed out.

I still don’t believe this coaching group, outside of Tashard, will get consistent excellence from better players, and I find it hard to believe that these kinds of head scratcher losses won’t hurt recruiting anyway.

As always, I hope I am wrong. Last week was a step in the right direction, but once again, we take 2-3 back.
For what it’s worth, I think the receivers are playing better than they’ve been. Holy cow, the OL though! What on God’s green earth was that? They looked like they were all straight out of high school!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

As for defense, NIU gave the blue print. Keep in a few blockers and let the QB work! We should never get sliced up the way we did while dropping 8 into coverage
If we were dropping 8 how many were they sending on routes? 4? Then we are essentially double covering everybody.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense:
OL play again horrible. Key, despite him being a tech man, I have not seen anything to show me the value of what we pay him. OL still can’t hold blocks 3 years in. This is not the first game announcers made a point to criticize our OL play and How poor it is.

ReDzone play calling again an absolute s*^% show. I don’t think every play pat Called is bad the whole game, but god please never run the stretch hand off to Gibbs when our OL can’t hold blocks for more than 2 seconds. I can see Gibbs frustrated in multiple games running behind our OL. I’m starting to get a little worried he won’t stay here.

Defense:
No thack memes this week. I don’t think anything worked today, including blitzing, or bringing more guys, but watching us rush 3 and play patty cake just standing up straight, yet still letting guys get behind us with 8 dropping. That is a compete embarrassment.

I hope the guys enjoyed their kudos for 1 week, because they saw this week how mediocre we still are. Has this staff ever put 2 wins in a row together? Can’t wait to hear how much effort we played with and how much love is spread around in the post game.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Seriously! If we’re going to end up in direct confrontations with OL, might as well swap out a LB with a DL. Charlie’s playing great, and Quez has been decent, but you just can’t ask LBs to power through guards and tackles. We need to go back to 4-2-5. Heck, we might even need to go to bear fronts given our struggles in the trenches.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I need to vent with some questions that may or may not be rhetorical (Feel free to respond if you have an answer):

Why do we get so many kicks blocked?

Why don’t we have/play safeties fast enough and aware enough to keep up with opposing receivers?

What happened to McGowan? Injured?

Is our talent still significantly lacking on offensive line or is Brent Key not as good as his reputation? Or both?

Are we contractually obligated to hand the ball to Gibbs up the middle for something between a 1-yard gain and a 3-yard loss on half of our first downs?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I need to vent with some questions that may or may not be rhetorical (Feel free to respond if you have an answer):

Why don’t we have/play safeties fast enough and aware enough to keep up with opposing receivers?

Is our talent still significantly lacking on offensive line or is Brent Key not as good as his reputation? Or both?

Are we contractually obligated to hand the ball to Gibbs up the middle for something between a 1-yard gain and a 3-yard loss on half of our first downs?
I think that last one's rhetorical.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
with as much time as he had to throw today it is impossible to maintain tight coverage forever plus Pinkett could break contain and run for big yards. I am afraid our DC is still too green at this level.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Just really poor play on both sides of the line. A pretty embarrassing performance overall. Not really anything positive to take away except maybe Rutherford's play.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Move #1 & 2 to linebacker tomorrow for Gods sake! There is no way in hell either ever play DB in the NFL! They are both horrible liabilies in coverage. Give me any of our other DB’s over all day long over Tariq Carpenter, lets see some new blood that at least has DB speed back there. Start Jaylon King next week

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Offensive line woes set the tone very early in this game. We need to grow up or hit the portal hard at these positions. Key is not earning his paycheck and Patenude’s lack of consistency and dreadful red zone play calling is haunting. We had no answers on defense. This is still a young team but we need to figure out how to win soon so we can establish a winning culture.

I need to see a fast start next Saturday or the season may be lost. I think 5-6 wins is still achievable and would be a nice step forward. I also need to see more consistency from week to week, win or lose.