PITT - Saturday 2PM (Senior Day)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Dancecard positions can change radically based on who you win and lose to. If GT had beaten L'ville I bet it would have risen a good 15 spots on dancecard putting right around the cut. You can move up or down alot if it is the right win or the wrong loss. Alabama fell more than a dozen spots after losing at home to Arkansas (a sub 100 home loss) last night.

At this point i'm just hoping can win one more (getting the first win on Saturday sure would be nice) so we can lock up an NIT slot. I'd worry about anything more after that.
I had the same thought about moving up on the dancecard list, but there's a small problem with that. We will have a real gauntlet to get to that point. Assuming we win on Wednesday (probably Pitt or ND or Clemson), we have to play the #2 seed on Thursday. Then, probably the #3 seed on Friday. Our best chance is (not too far fetched) is to beat the #2 on Thursday, then have a tough #6 (also an upset winner) on Friday. It's not beyond comprehension, but neither is it unlikely for us to lose tomorrow and again next Wednesday to end our season.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
feel like VT is going to lose to Miami and then with a GT win and Cuse win, we would get a second crack at Syracuse which I would prefer to playing Pitt two games in a row. Or maybe we get the GT win Cuse loss and VT upset giving us another game against VT.

As far as the top teams in the ACC I would want to put off a rematch against UVA until later in the tournament. Don't know if I'd want to play UNC either, but oddly ok with playing Miami.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It is fun speculating on tourney possibles FOR A CHANGE.I wish this could be done every yr, and really should be, but my guess is it will be another good while before we are repeating this excercise. --like 4 yrs unless something strange(and wonderful) happens

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Great job gutting out another win with the Seniors leading on Senior day. Really happy they went out like that & kept their post-season hopes alive.

Tech should be a dangerous team if they can keep finishing strong in games. We need two wins in the ACC tourney to have a shot.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
awesome first gt bball game!! Couple things I learned today......Jamie Dixon is super annoying. He complains the whole game. MGH reminds me of atlanta's favorite Joe Johnson and Adam Smith reminds me of Lou Williams. ACC Tournament here we come!!
image.jpg