Pitt kickoff at 4p (RSN)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I’m starting to think the rumors that Paul preferred noon games are true. This is great.

Wasn't really a rumor. He openly admitted it in 2014. Personally I prefer 2:00 pm. tailgate lunch then you get out before dinner. Night games can be fun also but I understood why he liked noon games. You weren't sitting around all day waiting to play. You got up did your job and then got on with it.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Noon games are tough for us that are out of state a 2-4pm game is perfect for me, still late getting home but I don't have to get up early on Saturday either.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't really a rumor. He openly admitted it in 2014. Personally I prefer 2:00 pm. tailgate lunch then you get out before dinner. Night games can be fun also but I understood why he liked noon games. You weren't sitting around all day waiting to play. You got up did your job and then got on with it.

With all due respect, I'm not sure "admitted" is the right context. I don't think his preference for early kickoffs was something he was hiding. The rationale was combination of not sitting around all day waiting and also for coaches/players to have time with their families after the game. I remember him saying after Wake game was set for a night game in 2017 that he understood fans' preference to have a variety of start times during the course of the season.

Not sure whether he said it on or off the air at the first radio show, but CGC expressed a similar sentiment about early kickoffs, especially on the road.

Again, the head coach has ZERO input on the kickoff time. CPJ could have demanded noon kickoffs, and TV could have decided to make every one of them at 7p. Prior to the current TV deal, there were some limited opportunities to set kickoff for non-TV games, and GT had some early kickoffs as well as moving some openers to Thursday night.

Personally, the 4p kickoff time is my favorite and reminds me of being in school in 90s when we played in that ABC regional 3:30 time slot regularly. Plenty of time to tailgate before the game and get home in time to watch lion's share of evening games.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone cone across an RSN affiliate schedule for this game? ACC.com not showing one yet.
I’ve been looking this evening and can’t find it either - I would’ve thought FoxSports but it’s showing a Kansas in my area (North Carolina). Any one else have luck finding what channel?