Pitt January 14th Game

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
We can sometimes manage to hang around with a team for a while. Then, inevitably, we can't score, they go on a 12-0 run, and we're ****ed. Unable to climb our way back in.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn’t watch the game but something in the final stat line caught my attention. Can someone explain to me how we shot 3 free throws all game long? And on top of that we missed all three?!?!? Oh and Pitt got 20? Did we just jack up 3’s all game? At least we finally out rebounded somebody….

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t watch the game but something in the final stat line caught my attention. Can someone explain to me how we shot 3 free throws all game long? And on top of that we missed all three?!?!? Oh and Pitt got 20? Did we just jack up 3’s all game? At least we finally out rebounded somebody….
We griped about the same topic in the ND game thread. We don’t get to the line because we don’t challenge the D. We also don’t get offensive rebounds, which are almost guaranteed baskets or FT attempts. I thought it was a great sign when our first possession was an offensive board that resulted in a 3pt FG (another thing we’ve had a love /hate relationship with). Alas, we still don’t do much offensively. We won’t get to the line when we are taking desperate shots late in the shot clock or playing 1 on 1 clear out after the offense fails.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m beginning to think that we should just forget about playing for the last shot or trying to run down the shot clock at the end of the half/game? We don’t have anyone who can create a shot when going iso with 6 seconds on the clock, not do we seem to have any set plays that can get us a decent shot at the end of the shot clock. lately it seems like we end up w a bad forced shot (or turn over) and poor transition defense leading to an4 or 5 point swing every time we try it.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
... have to start somewhere.

Two weeks ago, the Yellow Jackets rebounded from a rough loss to No. 13 Virginia with a gutty win over No. 12 Miami at McCamish Pavilion.

We need to tap into that resolve again Saturday after an overtime loss at Notre Dame made for a somber flight home to Atlanta. The Pitt Panthers had its best conference start in nine years snapped by consecutive losses to Clemson and Duke.

Will we help them continue their losing streak?
I dont even watch when they are on TV and i sure do not go in person.

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m beginning to think that we should just forget about playing for the last shot or trying to run down the shot clock at the end of the half/game? We don’t have anyone who can create a shot when going iso with 6 seconds on the clock, not do we seem to have any set plays that can get us a decent shot at the end of the shot clock. lately it seems like we end up w a bad forced shot (or turn over) and poor transition defense leading to an4 or 5 point swing every time we try it.
The part about set plays

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I keep wondering ehy we don'r run screens out by the 2 point line ot free up our 3 point shooters....double screens if necessary.....anyone?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Pastner emphasizes defense. This means he recruits athletes that can defend--but they aren't necessarily basketball players. Once again, we have a Pastner team with poor shooters. 6 of the 9 guys who are getting PT in conference play are shooting less than 40%. Only Kelly (43%) is shooting 40% or more from 3. Only one player (Kelly) is shooting 80% or more from the FT line. One shooter is pretty easy for the other team to defend. We are 14th out of 15 in FG%, and it's a good thing we have Kelly so that our 3P% is decent.

Maybe he doesn't have NIL money to recruit, and NIL money is now the name of the game. But that doesn't explain why his teams have been poor shooters almost every year he has been at Tech. Pastner said this was going to be a good shooting team......

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
Pastner emphasizes defense. This means he recruits athletes that can defend--but they aren't necessarily basketball players. Once again, we have a Pastner team with poor shooters. 6 of the 9 guys who are getting PT in conference play are shooting less than 40%. Only Kelly (43%) is shooting 40% or more from 3. Only one player (Kelly) is shooting 80% or more from the FT line. One shooter is pretty easy for the other team to defend. We are 14th out of 15 in FG%, and it's a good thing we have Kelly so that our 3P% is decent.

Maybe he doesn't have NIL money to recruit, and NIL money is now the name of the game. But that doesn't explain why his teams have been poor shooters almost every year he has been at Tech. Pastner said this was going to be a good shooting team......
If Kelly leaves after this season, and why would he stay, we are Louisville.

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the way we play one of our most talented players doesn’t equate to his success or development. I think It’s likely that he leaves for his own self interest in my not so humble opinion.
The other three possibilities are Moore, Smith and Coleman and possibly Maxwell but he hasn't been much of a contributor overall.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Louisville has the GT game circuled on its calendar.

For the record, I gave you the classic lol-to-cry 'like'.

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

I think the way we play one of our most talented players doesn’t equate to his success or development. I think It’s likely that he leaves for his own self interest in my not so humble opinion.

I take no glee in saying there's 3 guys who I hope are with us next year, but I'd be surprised to see with us next year.