Phil Steele: 2015 Preseason All-ACC Team

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Phil's Preseason Top 40 came out http://247sports.com/Article/Preseason-top-college-football-teams-ranked-by-Phil-Steele-37770929

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. USC
4. Alabama
5. Baylor
6. Georgia
7. Stanford
8. Florida State
9. Michigan State
10. LSU
11. Oregon
12. Notre Dame
13. Wisconsin
14. Auburn
15. UCLA
16. Virginia Tech
17. Clemson
18. Oklahoma
19. Penn State
20. Ole Miss
21. Miami (FL)
22. Arkansas
23. Boise State
24. Missouri
25. Tennessee
26. Nebraska
27. Utah
28. Oklahoma State
29. Arizona State
30. Georgia Tech
31. Marshall
32. Texas A&M
33. Texas
34. Arizona
35. Toledo
36. Minnesota
37. Louisville
38. San Diego State
39. Mississippi State
40. Cincinnati
He's a slave to Rivals.com's recruiting rankings and has consistently overrated Georgia in particular for several years now (though they were a top ten team last year). IIRC, he said they were a dark horse for the national title in 2010, whereupon they went 6-7.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
How do you say we have 9 All-ACC picks player but rank us 30th, makes absolutely no sense
It's what he does so he can always claim to be right. He'll rate a team low but then have them as a "dark horse" pick to surprise, or rate someone high up but then point out all their holes in case they fail. He's a self-promoting douche nozzle who is always right, even when he's wrong.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
UGA fan I know saw that list and his reaction was "UGA 6???? thats a bit high don't you think? WHeres Tech? 30??!?!?!? wtf does he have against you guys??"

In other news here's what I saw in the store today. I was ok with it.

FLRLBYc.jpg

Does Tech get money for using JeT's picture there since he can't get any for it?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
considering that they will have three weeks to prepare for it and the option never does very well any time a team is provided extra time to play against Georgia Tech."
This is when I think sports analysts have the easiest job in the world. Otherwise grown men who claim intelligence repeat the same childish school yards tales over and over like they are truths from Mt. Sinai.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I just heard Steele interviewed on 92.9, Geez what a tool.....and Marc James is just the worst sports talk guy i have EVER listened to, just brutal. He makes Steak and Beau sound like geniuses.