Phil Steele: 2015 Preseason All-ACC Team

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
3 DL on all-ACC 3 deep would be real nice.
I agree with DJ White being missing at first glance, then when you look at who made it the ACC is loaded with CB's. All the CB's they have are big time CB's.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't forget, this is the genius that always has GT finishing well behind everyone else in the Coastal Division. However, his best move was during the ESPN Bowl selection show last season when he had MSU as a LOCK to beat GT by more than two TD's and the Bulldogs were his 35th out of 36 "Confidence" pick to stomp the Yellow Jackets.

I will always remember his prophetic statement: "MSU has the best 1A and 1B Defensive line of any team and will be able to handle the triple option considering that they will have three weeks to prepare for it and the option never does very well any time a team is provided extra time to play against Georgia Tech."

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Huge omission leaving DJ White off. To me, he's the best DB in the ACC right now.
Surprised JHD, who has yet to take a snap in a real game at DT, made the list at second team. Kinda glad for Chamberlain. He was in a lot of fans' doghouses two years ago and now he's a very vital part of the line and the offense's success.

thwgjacket

DJ White had twice as many picks and 12 more tackles than the #1 guy, but his last name is Fuller so I guess that makes him better.

If you take the 4 guys at the top of the DB spots from each team and combine their INT's from last year they still have one less than DJ White.

He is tied for first among all the DB's listed for INT's last year, with our own Jamal Golden, and had more tackles than a substantial amount of those guys. I really feel like Phil Steele must have thought DJ graduated.

Last edited:

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
If you look back historically, Phil Steele always has the Hokies rated higher on his list compared to GT. However, CPJ and the entire Yellow Jackets squad really enjoy being slighted every year. So why should 2015 be any different from Mr. Steele?

Thanks Phil.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If you look back historically, Phil Steele always has the Hokies rated higher on his list compared to GT. However, CPJ and the entire Yellow Jackets squad really enjoy being slighted every year. So why should 2015 be any different from Mr. Steele?

Thanks Phil.
Where does he pick GT to finish this year?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
For the first time in modern history he actually might pick GT to win the Coastal based on his odds of the Yellow Jackets winning the national championship at 60 to 1. However, given that he has Clemson at 20 to 1 and the Criminoles at 30 to 1, He certainly has us losing in the ACCCG.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me say, I am biased when it comes to DJ White, Phil Steele doesn't know anything about football by leaving DJ White off that list. I'll go further, DJ White was primarily responsible for our 11-3 season last year. He makes plays - lots of plays. He goes all out, all the the time and he is one of our best leaders on the team and he leads the hard way - by example. Phil skinned his ignorance on this one. :mad:

He missed White. No way he should be left off.

Huge omission leaving DJ White off. To me, he's the best DB in the ACC right now.
Surprised JHD, who has yet to take a snap in a real game at DT, made the list at second team. Kinda glad for Chamberlain. He was in a lot of fans' doghouses two years ago and now he's a very vital part of the line and the offense's success.

DJ White had twice as many picks and 12 more tackles than the #1 guy, but his last name is Fuller so I guess that makes him better.

If you take the 4 guys at the top of the DB spots from each team and combine their INT's from last year they still have one less than DJ White.

He is tied for first among all the DB's listed for INT's last year, with our own Jamal Golden, and had more tackles than a substantial amount of those guys. I really feel like Phil Steele must have thought DJ graduated.

No way Shaq Wiggins, the UGA reject should of made this list over DJ White.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me say, I am biased when it comes to DJ White, Phil Steele doesn't know anything about football by leaving DJ White off that list. I'll go further, DJ White was primarily responsible for our 11-3 season last year. He makes plays - lots of plays. He goes all out, all the the time and he is one of our best leaders on the team and he leads the hard way - by example. Phil skinned his ignorance on this one. :mad:
As a wise man on another site said (shout out to magnacarter)
totally understand Steele forgetting about DJ White. it happens.

Hutson Mason forgot about him too.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
wow, I didn't even know they did a 4th team, but glad Braun made the cut.

Agree. Braun got overshadowed by Shaq and Freddie last year. IMO he's pretty underrated and it's nice to see him get recognition. I think he's going to have a great senior season and it wouldn't suprise me to see him finish on a higher all-conference level.

I'm excited about G-C-G even with Shaq gone. Freddie & Trey are awesome, A. Marshal can plan, and Devine/Brown should be decent. Plus I think Chamberlain played a little guard too this spring. We've got horses up the middle to be sure!

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
JUSTIN THOMAS deserves to be a Heisman candidate. Plenty of reasons why but mainly because somebody name Joey From the Rumble Seat says he cannot. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha