PFF College Offensive Line Ranking

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Based on the defenses we faced during the season and injuries suffered and youth, I'd say Paul's adage that it's never as good or as bad as it seems is worth applying. It's not good, though.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about that. Iirc from the staff itself defoor graded out the highest at lg.

but yeah. Mismatch of talent and scheme does this combined with learning on the fly

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I am more disappointed with the 129th ranked run blocking then overall or pass blocking deficiency. I realize zone blocking is different, but I would have hoped for better.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
No where to go up up.

After reading this. I went back and looked at the OL listed in the program from the Va Tech game.

Did you guys know that in the program it states "Above the Line". Then says "Offense (Spread Pro Style)"

Then the players are listed.

But this post got me thinking again about CGC saying something about the line averaging 6' 1" and 265 lbs. Not according to the program. Whatever.

The good news is that only two seniors were on the ATL for the Va Tech game. Morgan and Southers. Lots of youth got experience last year. I'm going out on a limb here, but I predict Tech will soar in these ranking next year.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I knew we were bad....but 130? Wow! Can you imagine if we would have had even a decent line, like say Eastern Michigan at 63?

I guess we know where we need to get better. Hopefully, we will see significant improvement over the next year or two, or we will continue to struggle to beat even average teams.

Deleted member 2897

Take these scores with a grain of salt. The eyeball test usually tells you what you need. Week after week after week we had 4 DTs (4!) grading out at 60+, which we know can’t have been correct. Tre Swilling had poor PFF scores many games when we know that was bunk.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Take these scores with a grain of salt. The eyeball test usually tells you what you need. Week after week after week we had 4 DTs (4!) grading out at 60+, which we know can’t have been correct. Tre Swilling had poor PFF scores many games when we know that was bunk.

but grading out at 60 aint so good.

however i do agree with your point. Not sure about these grades. Like I mentioned I think iirc staff said defoor graded out the highest overall at lg.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Does the eye test tell you anything different about our OL?

jimradz

Georgia Tech Fan
BA40E97C-AAB0-440B-8F9F-D2A497D6349B.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

For example:
https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/by-the-numbers-georgia-tech-s-win-over-nc-state
NC State:
TK, Ja'Quon, Domineck, Dingle, Ryans, Yondjouen - 6 on DL graded out over 60. (well Yond was 59.7)

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/by-the-numbers-the-top-performers-from-gt-s-loss-to-vt
Virginia Tech:
Ryans, Brooks, Ja'Quon, TK, Domineck, Yondjouen, Glanton - 7 on DL graded out over 60. Glanton was the lowest at 67.9! And that's a game we lost 45-0.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/by-the-numbers-top-pff-performers-for-gt-at-virginia
Virginia:
Yondjouen, Brooks, Dawson, Lockhart, TK, Griffin - 6 on DL graded out over 60.

I looked these up in reverse order of our season, so these were the last 3 games. All 3 showed at least 6 on the DL who had good PFF scores. I'm sure if I kept going back in time we'd see this same story keep recurring...because I remember seeing these scores each week and was like 'how is this even possible'.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I am more disappointed with the 129th ranked run blocking then overall or pass blocking deficiency. I realize zone blocking is different, but I would have hoped for better.

Same here. I expected to better run blockers. Then i realized i totally dismissed us being avg to at times mediocre run blockers in 17 & 18.

definitely expecting a big jump with help coming from the transfer portal