PFF College Offensive Line Ranking

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
But this post got me thinking again about CGC saying something about the line averaging 6' 1" and 265 lbs. Not according to the program. Whatever.

I still don’t think what he said is entirely accurate, but he was referencing those player’s weights before winter camp with lew. They all gained like 15 lbs this past offseason

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Looking deeper it's a really interesting list. Some impressions:
1. The list is clearly not normalized by strength of defenses faced
2. The top P5 teams generally excel here, which is remarkable in part because of point number 1. Further illustrates how important the line is
3. Hard to tell with any certainty, but aside from adjusting based on defenses faced, it looks like grading seems relatively independent from scheme / overall offensive production. My takeaway here is that clearly an elite line isn't needed to produce offense, but without it you aren't likely to maintain that success across 12+ games to be a title threat (interestingly LSU is #30 here but despite no losses did have some close shaves during the season compared to Clemson and OSU)
4. Vandy did poorly, but their highest graded player was transfer target Cochran (#128 overall individually). They definitely faced some tougher defenses, and #128 overall is at least a significant contributor on nearly any OL in the nation and still a big win for us if he lands here

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Key certainly has his work cut out for him next year. Shows how good Mason actually was. Graham may win the job again based off of what he did last year behind this porous line.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I still don’t think what he said is entirely accurate, but he was referencing those player’s weights before winter camp with lew. They all gained like 15 lbs this past offseason
IIRC his comment was that he inherited an OL averaging " 6'1" and 265 lbs" (or something similar) which indicates prior to winter workouts last year and does not include any new players for this past season. That size works great for the spread option we ran for 10 years but not for the current offensive scheme.