"Personalized" Season Ticket Purchase Thank You

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I’m a big TStan supporter and as soon as I got the email, I deleted it. Again, I think TStan is doing a good job, but I cannot stand someone thanking me for something. I do what I want and I could care less if someone else appreciates it or hates it. No thanks and no apologies, ever.
No apologies? So you never make a mistake? I.e. you’re perfect?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’m a big TStan supporter and as soon as I got the email, I deleted it. Again, I think TStan is doing a good job, but I cannot stand someone thanking me for something. I do what I want and I could care less if someone else appreciates it or hates it. No thanks and no apologies, ever.
Thanks for sharing…;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else receive their "personalized" video thank you?

"Please click below for a personalized video message from myself and Todd Stansbury, Director of Athletics."

Maybe I'm just being too picky today.

To be "personalized", I would think our name would be mentioned by either or both Todd and Matt. Came off to me as very generic and not personalized. After all, WORDS do have meaning...

THWG!
The word commitment lost its meaning long ago.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think people want to be outraged, so they're going to be outraged about anything and everything. Anyone feeling slighted by this really should re-evaluate what's important in their lives.
Who said anything about being outraged?

It's not like I've called to cancel my season tickets and demanded my money back, not my contributions to GTAA.

I know were I'll be at MBS and BDS on GT football game days this year.

You appear to have taken that when someone points out a mole hill that you assume it in a mountain in their life. I'd say that you have made it more important that it needs to be. Curuious that if someone allows their dog to take a :poop: in your yard, if you just call it compost or fertilizer, or if you call it :poop:. Just admit that the GTAA could do better,

@forensicbuzz, I know you don't live down south and only a few hours away, so I don't expect to see you at BDS@HGF, but if you do make it to a game, would still love to meet you face to face so we can have a laugh about this.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

It's not like I've called to cancel my season tickets and demanded my money back, not my contributions to GTAA.

You appear to have taken that when someone points out a mole hill that you assume it in a mountain in their life. I'd say that you have made it more important that it needs to be. Curuious that if someone allows their dog to take a :poop: in your yard, if you just call it compost or fertilizer, or if you call it :poop:. Just admit that the GTAA could do better,

@forensicbuzz, I know you don't live down south and only a few hours away, so I don't expect to see you at BDS@HGF, but if you do make it to a game, would still love to meet you face to face so we can have a laugh about this.

Absolutely agree. Forensic, would love to tailgate with you this year!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

It’s not just you.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd honestly prefer TStan make a generic video like he did than personalize one for each STH. That would be a colossal waste of his time considering everything on his plate. If you are predisposed to gripe about the current HC and AD then this is definitely a molehill that needs a Sherpa to climb...
What does he have on his plate? He’s not firing the coaches that need to go and he’s not marketing towards the dozens of season ticket holders he has left.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I assume you’ve read the posts. You know who is “outraged” by the lack of personalization of a “personalized video.” No need for me to name names.
Yes I've read them, and I don't see anyone who appears outraged by the video not being personalized - even on my ignore list. Although I see no harm in listing specific posters (except that they might tell you you are wrong which hurts your original point), how about telling us how many posters here you believe to be outraged?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes I've read them, and I don't see anyone who appears outraged by the video not being personalized - even on my ignore list. Although I see no harm in listing specific posters (except that they might tell you you are wrong which hurts your original point), how about telling us how many posters here you believe to be outraged?
pardon me. Maybe not "outraged", just indignant. I stand by my original comment. People need to check their priorities in life.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I did not expect a thanks.
We need less marketing smoke and more focus on making the team better. It's simple, do what you say your going to do and do it. Or, another way to say it, don't commit to something and then half a** it and not really do it, but still expect accolades because you provided a false sense of doing what you said when you really didn't.

Not outraged, just disappointed with what, to me, came off as a 3/4 effort.