"Personalized" Season Ticket Purchase Thank You

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Anyone else receive their "personalized" video thank you?

"Please click below for a personalized video message from myself and Todd Stansbury, Director of Athletics."

Maybe I'm just being too picky today.

To be "personalized", I would think our name would be mentioned by either or both Todd and Matt. Came off to me as very generic and not personalized. After all, WORDS do have meaning...

THWG!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Again how Todd literally doesn't understand how his message is all messed up. I guess they mean personal as in personally FROM Todd to all STHs. He should be calling each STH individually thanking them for sticking with the program. That's just the starting point on top of offering FAR better incentive for STHs. This year is legit just giving them money for tickets, no true bonus for being a STH. With this attitude you might as well buy tickets on Stubhub for 1/4th the price.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
They have clearly been reading GTSwarm as Todd was reading from a script with not a single "......uhhhhhhhhhh....." or "......ahhhhhhhhhh...." or any stumbling. A for effort in the video at least. ;):LOL:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I'd honestly prefer TStan make a generic video like he did than personalize one for each STH. That would be a colossal waste of his time considering everything on his plate. If you are predisposed to gripe about the current HC and AD then this is definitely a molehill that needs a Sherpa to climb...

Yeah, I agree. No need for him to personalize each responses, although if you are going to say it is "personalized" then that's a bit misleading. He could've just said, "Hello <insert name here>! Thank you for renewing your season tickets" and then inserting a name with a Siri type voice. :LOL: Certainly bigger things to worry about than that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah, I agree. No need for him to personalize each responses, although if you are going to say it is "personalized" then that's a bit misleading. He could've just said, "Hello <insert name here>! Thank you for renewing your season tickets" and then inserting a name with a Siri type voice. :LOL: Certainly bigger things to worry about than that.

I mean, my video name was "Thank view for ____________" where my name was included. I am guessing that was what they meant by personalized.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Yup. Again how Todd literally doesn't understand how his message is all messed up. I guess they mean personal as in personally FROM Todd to all STHs. He should be calling each STH individually thanking them for sticking with the program. That's just the starting point on top of offering FAR better incentive for STHs. This year is legit just giving them money for tickets, no true bonus for being a STH. With this attitude you might as well buy tickets on Stubhub for 1/4th the price.
given the number folks that attend games, won't take him *that* much time to call folks individually.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When you hire Collins to a 7 year deal and win 3 games a year for 3 straight years, you are correct, no one can do anything right. ;)
LSU basketball coach getting 7 year $21M plus w guarantees even if recruiting violations.

Hiring on a budget is a gt tradition.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
LSU basketball coach getting 7 year $21M plus w guarantees even if recruiting violations.

Hiring on a budget is a gt tradition.

Agreed on that. LSU is presumably facing significant penalties from the NCAA :)LOL::rolleyes:), so that contract seems fairly warranted whereas we were only facing "the greatest transition in the history of college football" (does anyone have a trademark on this yet? would make a great t-shirt) going from the Paul Johnson high school based triple option offense to the NFL based pro spread attack which has resulted in the crazy amount of recruits wanting to play in our system to get ready for their future NFL careers. :rolleyes::censored::LOL:;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'd honestly prefer TStan make a generic video like he did than personalize one for each STH. That would be a colossal waste of his time considering everything on his plate. If you are predisposed to gripe about the current HC and AD then this is definitely a molehill that needs a Sherpa to climb...
Don't disagree at all. They should just remove the word personalized from the email, because it definitely was not a personalized video.
I only point was don't call it something that it's not.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
First of all, I will admit that I am not a big money donor and I sit in the cheap seats (upper north) at games, so TS doesn’t owe me anything for being a ST holder. However, twice this past year I emailed him regarding minor complaints that I had. Instead of getting a form letter that said “ thanks for bringing this to our attention and we’ll look into it”, I got nothing. I wouldn’t expect a personal response directly from him, but surely GTAA has support staff to respond to fans who take the time to correspond.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
First of all, I will admit that I am not a big money donor and I sit in the cheap seats (upper north) at games, so TS doesn’t owe me anything for being a ST holder. However, twice this past year I emailed him regarding minor complaints that I had. Instead of getting a form letter that said “ thanks for bringing this to our attention and we’ll look into it”, I got nothing. I wouldn’t expect a personal response directly from him, but surely GTAA has support staff to respond to fans who take the time to correspond.

Email your ticket rep. That's what got action for me when I had issues.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Don't disagree at all. They should just remove the word personalized from the email, because it definitely was not a personalized video.
I only point was don't call it something that it's not.
Putting your name on it isn't personalization? They need to put a picture of your family on it also or what?

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it’s the perfect time for a personalized thank you message.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m a big TStan supporter and as soon as I got the email, I deleted it. Again, I think TStan is doing a good job, but I cannot stand someone thanking me for something. I do what I want and I could care less if someone else appreciates it or hates it. No thanks and no apologies, ever.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Putting your name on it isn't personalization? They need to put a picture of your family on it also or what?
I understand that there's a difference between an email and a video.

Personalized video message is what the email said. Maybe yours was a personalized video message.

Yes the email, the email, was personalized with my name, however the video was not personalized. Everyone who purchased season tickets got the same video.