Pedictions for this weekend's game:

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Cleaned this thread up. If you would like to continue with the "star/ranking" debate, please use this thread so that we can keep this thread as the official prediction thread.

Thanks.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
24-17 Good guys. I just have a good feeling about this one. GT always seems to win a game it shouldn't each year. None fit that category for this season....yet.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
24-17 Good guys. I just have a good feeling about this one. GT always seems to win a game it shouldn't each year. None fit that category for this season....yet.
Haha, I was thinking this exact thing last night.

(we also tend to lose a game we shouldn't each year too though...)

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cleaned this thread up. If you would like to continue with the "star/ranking" debate, please use this thread so that we can keep this thread as the official prediction thread.

Thanks.
Sorry about that. Ooops. I hate when threads get hijacked. Looks like I am the offender here. Dooh!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Weird Fact:
Since CPJ has been our coach, U[sic]Ga has scored exactly 42 points against us every year that the game has been played in Athens and 30 or 31 when played at HGFBDS.

Hunter513

Georgia Tech Fan
Just hard to say about this game. I would pick the mutts for sure if Murray was at QB. He would pick us apart. Not sure about Mason. If we can rattle his cage early we may can stop the pass. If Gurley gets going it could be a long day. I have to give the mutts the edge but you never know. Ugag 40 us 28.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think the UGA defense is going to play better against us than most think...They have a good front 7. Garrison Smith has gave us big problems in the pass...They have great LBs in Jenkins, Herrera and Wilson...Leonard Floyd could play a big role as well.

I think we have to keep this game low if we want to win. I'm saying Butker hits one near the end to win.

GT 24
UGA 21

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
My heart begs for 222-0 but my brain says ugag 34-24. We score a late garbage TD to make it a ten point game. I have little faith that we will stop Gurley or win the turnover battle. On the other side of the ball our offensive line is horrid. We can debate whether its scheme or talent or both in another thread but it doesn't change how bad they are right now. Vad will be running for his life whenever we try to throw and their speed on the edge will make it tough for us to block when we try to run wide.

While, unlike the past two years, I have a glimmer of hope that we can pull the upset mainly due to their injuries and if every thing goes our way but I doubt it happens. One last prediction: if we lose and especially if this game gets ugly (blowout) PJ's seat will be so hot he wont be able to sit down for the remainder of his tenure at Tech. I would even give a 10% chance that someone goes ahead and writes the check soon there after.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech is down 28-26 in the final seconds. Butker comes on to kick a long one from 40+.

One of two things happens:
1. Butker pulls it wide, maybe a bad snap. Uga fans start making animal noises. Paul Johnson is on the hot seat, Mason is the next Aaron Murray, Dwags run the state, Richt is our daddy, we hear about how Uga is a far superior football team for a year, etc.

2. Butker nails it and Tech wins. Uga fans blame injuries and the refs. Paul Johnson breathes a sigh of relief. His contract is safe. Uga fans call for Richt to be fired. Tech storms the field. Uga fans use the phrase “11 of the last 13" daily. And above all, Tech students feel a little better about studying in the library till 5am all next week.

Hopefully the second scenario happens. Funny how much one kick by an 18 year old can change.