Pedictions for this weekend's game:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Tech won't be able to stop Gurley.

They know this offense too well and will be prepared for the triple option, so it will be neutralized.

Paul to stubborn to run anything besides his base. Best bet is Attaochu beating his man and forcing Hudson to make mistakes, unfortunately not enough.

UGA 41 Tech 21 (a garbage time touchdown)

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
paul johnson has proven his system can beat medium to lower level talent... Problem is that we will not be facing that type of player on saturday. GT loses by 8-15.

Vad is going to be harassed all day long by their Dline and LB's. Vad has gotten worse and our D hasn't covered the TE in nearly a decade. Oh and UGA still has Gurley, which is the player that we needed to get hurt to have a chance.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
paul johnson has proven his system can beat medium to lower level talent... Problem is that we will not be facing that type of player on saturday. GT loses by 8-15.

Vad is going to be harassed all day long by their Dline and LB's. Vad has gotten worse and our D hasn't covered the TE in nearly a decade. Oh and UGA still has Gurley, which is the player that we needed to get hurt to have a chance.
I hate it but +1. And I hope we are wrong.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
OK, here goes. The average national rankings of the last 5 recruiting classes per Rivals is UGA 10th nationally and GT 55th nationally. Based just on that, I predict UGA 55 to 10.

I am not the Georgia coach, but if I was - Gurley gets 30 to 35 carries a game. As Herschel said, the football ain't all that heavy.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Statistically, Clemson has a much better D than O, and I was hopeful that our D would be able to keep us in the game. I was wrong. We ended up about where I thought we would with our O against their D.

U[sic]Ga's O is much better than their D, statistically. Hopefully that falls to our favor. If we can score comfortably and put pressure on their new QB to score, we may be able to put them into a USC situation.

We are 83 in ypg pass defense and 85th in ypa pass defense. Georgie is 15 in ypg and 11 in ypa pass offense. The game doesn't really set up for us very well in that regard.

I think we catch some breaks and pull away after a shoot-out. 39-30; GT wins.

ToddM

I've had a good feeling all week, now that it's time to put a score on it I am becoming hesitant .

Georgia isn't nearly as good as Clemson and had our offense moved the ball any in the 1st quarter and our defense made just one of the plays they had the chance to that would have been a close game.

With that said I think CPJ puts his stubbornness aside in an attempt to exploit the young doggie secondary ( mind you because he sees the chance, not because he actually puts his stubbornness aside ) and Vad reminds us all why we were so high on him.

Tech - 34
doggies - 30

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I too have a good feeling about this one. I think we finally play a clean game and if CPJ does try and exploit that young secondary we connect and make them pay. Also want to see Sneezy get about 3 sacks to rattle Mason. Looking forward toseein a win at BDS on Saturday 35-31 good guys

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think we're going to lose, but I simply cannot pick UGA in any game. We need to put up 30 to have a chance. I say 38-28 GT

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Just a note about TE and Tech since CPJ has been here.

2013 Miami TE's 4 rec 60 yds 1 TD
2012 uga TE 3 rec 36 yds 0 TD
2012 Miami TE 2 rec 13 yds 0 TD
2011 uga TE 1 rec 3 yds 0 TD
2011 Miami TE 0 rec 0 yds 0 TD
2010 uga TE 2 rec 67 yds 1 TD
2010 Miami TE 1 rec 14 yds 0 TD
2009 uga TE's 3 rec 30 yds 0 TD
2009 Miami TE's 4 rec 51yds 2TD
2008 uga TE 1 rec 1 yd 1 TD
2008 Miami TE 4 rec 57 yds 1 TD

Basically, GT has surrendered to uga and Miami an average of 2.3 receptions per game for 30 yards and half a TD (.55).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I flat out refuse to pick them against us. Mistakes will tell the tale in this one, even more than usual. Roof will no doubt have our guys' collective hair on fire in the run game but the dawgs will come out throwing to go against the expected. If 45 and 96 can make them pay we'll be in good shape.

One thing I don't like is them having extra practice time due to school being out. I heard on the radio that they were not restricted to the 20hr rule as a result. Meanwhile we were restricted due to class being in session. Can anyone confirm this? I always assumed me went by the same calendar.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think the D line has a awesome outting and Mason forces a lot of throws. Gurley has a good day 150 yards or so. But we win the turnover battle and win the game 38-31

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a hard one for me. Clemson and Miami both ate us up with long passes. Georgia (and even with the backup QB) can pass long well. Do we have the backs to make a pick or defend these deep passes. The deep passes worry me more than their running back.

I think this game makes or breaks on our ability to pressure the QB and to pick or defend the deep pass.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
2 things in our favor, IMO. We're facing an inexperienced QB who doesn't any rapport with his WRs and I don't think Gurley is any near healthy or in shape that would allow him to get 30-35 carries as someone posted. I'm expecting 15-20 max.
I know we like to reference the ugag O to Clemson & Miami, but due injuries UGA WRs are not even in the same league as those 2 teams

I'm thinking a Sun Bowl type game. 21-10 GT