Paul Johnson's wisdom this year

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like his demeanor in the vids. Not game situations but he appears laser focused and kinda pissed while kicking. This kid is sure fire winner IMO.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
NavyNuke, since it is all conjecture anyway, I'm gonna believe we that at that point we were stopping the run so well that if they ran the ball three times we would have gotten a 3 and out. We would have won the game as time expired instead of letting them have 30 extra seconds to look foolish.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Harrison Butker will leave Georgia Tech as a legend and the standard to which other kickers are measured. Not particularly for accuracy, or number of FGs for scoring since this offense limits those, or his kickoffs. Georgia 2014 and Georgia 2016 might get him a statue out there, or his name on the wall with coaching legends. Better yet, every time a Georgia fan hears the name, no matter where they are or how long ago, he will curse his name. Ain't that a grand legacy to leave?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
not to rain on YOUR parade but couldnt the same be said for the miami game (2 fumbles for tds) and the pitt game (the missed 4th down). and wasnt it clemson where we fumbled an interception into a safety causing a 9 point turn around at minimum.

i understand your point but i do think that mistakes are made on both sides of the ball.
Exactly. Football is about execution in the moment, if you win you win. Limiting your unforced errors is just as valuable as forcing errors. Saying we're lucky because a QB threw it right into a DB's hands is wrong-headed; we took advantage of an unforced error. It doesn't matter if they "would've beaten us 8 out of 10 time", because we won the game and they can suck it for a year.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Harrison Butker will leave Georgia Tech as a legend and the standard to which other kickers are measured. Not particularly for accuracy, or number of FGs for scoring since this offense limits those, or his kickoffs. Georgia 2014 and Georgia 2016 might get him a statue out there, or his name on the wall with coaching legends. Better yet, every time a Georgia fan hears the name, no matter where they are or how long ago, he will curse his name. Ain't that a grand legacy to leave?

I mean, the kick in 2014......geez, I can't believe he made that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, we're replacing Butker and Rodwell with the #2 kicker in the country and the #1 punter in the country. Check out Bulovas on YouTube especially. There's videos of him hitting FG from 70 yards.

On offense we return everybody but QB and C. And Kenny Cooper got a lot of playing time at C this year. We have MJ11 returning as our ace in the hole - we can win with him and he has experience. Not nearly as dynamic as JT5 but can run lots of midline and follow plays that Justin can't. And JJ and LJ may surprise us and be as good as we had hoped. Our offense should be even better next year if you ask me. Replacing Lynn Griffin and Ike Willis with probably Nate Cottrell. Searcy, Lynch, Green, and Cottrell? Sheeeeeeeit. AND, on that offense next year our only senior will be Ricky Jeune...possibly Shamire Devine if he's still in the mix.

Defense we really only lose 2 guys that hogged playing time - Pat Gamble and PJ Davis.

I am highly optimistic about next year - I think we will be a little better and I think other teams will come down a notch due to their seniors and early drafters. We have a schedule that with good play and some luck we could run the home games (not counting TN). I see no reason to think we won't be shooting for a 9th win again next year.

It will be a real bummer if he can't kick extra points.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, for 2014, definitely. I hate that he missed the one in 2013, because any one of about 15 plays makes the difference in that game...that being one of them

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, for 2014, definitely. I hate that he missed the one in 2013, because any one of about 15 plays makes the difference in that game...that being one of them

To clarify, just saying that it would have even gone that much farther to cement him in as a Tech great

LibertyTurns

Banned
I see your point looking at the last three UGAg drives before the :30 desperation drive - they ran 10 times for a net of 30 yards with one run by the QB which could have been a pass. But they also passed ~7 times (3 complete, 3 incomplete, 1 int). So they were very balanced when sitting on a 2 score lead in the fourth quarter.

Play by play data here: http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=400869070

I *think* if they had stayed smash mouth, they would have picked up the first downs AND more importantly burned the clock. I think getting big yards on rushing plays when our D was selling out is somewhat random; UGAg averaged 6.3 yards the entire game.

We scored with :30 to go. Every time they threw I was praying for a int since the chances of Chubb fumbling are pretty low. In real time, it was the only way I thought we could win given the clock. Looking at the clock on the play by play, UGAg was doing a pretty good job of burning clock ~45 seconds between running plays.

My mindset is probably from being a GT fan where the best defense is the offense having the ball. They can't score without the ball.

PS - Enjoy thinking about this as it is something positive(y)
Why is everyone so fixated on dumb mutts being dumb mutts? I'm perfectly happy with them making dumb decisions that benefit us, in fact I encourage it. They have a dopey limp arm QB and 2 NFL 1st round RBs and they decided to pass instead of run. I say "keep up the good work". Hey while you're at it don't bother that Clinton Lynch kid because he's too small and slow to have make good plays! Eff the mutts. The moron they have in charge is just another in the long lineage of moron coaches- Goof, Dumbin, etc. They fired the best coach they ever had. That's another level of dumb right there for which I'm grateful.

Go Jackets! THWG & Piss on the mutts!