Paul Johnson and Jon Barry win again

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's a charity tournament that includes handicap. So, winning this often is more an indicator of competitiveness and mental toughness than golfing skill, iiuc. He and Jon with their handicaps are better than the other ACC/SEC teams and their handicaps.

I don't want to bring any one's character into question but if someone is winning a handicapped tournament that frequently then someone(s) is/are doing a very nice job of "managing" their handicap(s). Perhaps all scorecards aren't being turned in throughout the year Messrs. Barry and Johnson?;) Howabout let's bring some of that same type of 'creativity" to the whole recrootin' thing Coach.

jk.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to bring any one's character into question but if someone is winning a handicapped tournament that frequently then someone(s) is/are doing a very nice job of "managing" their handicap(s). Perhaps all scorecards aren't being turned in throughout the year Messrs. Barry and Johnson?;) Howabout let's bring some of that same type of 'creativity" to the whole recrootin' thing Coach.

jk.
I think Barry and Johnson winning inspite of the handicapping is huge. I think they have one of , if not the lowest in the tourney.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
According to ramblinwreck.com, Johnson is a 6 handicap and Jon is a scratch golfer. Apparently, Johnson is a great putter and Jon's great off the tee and the fairways. It's a 2-person scramble tourney (each team-member hits from the best spot).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's a vid with the ajc article and it shows CPJ's reaction after Barry misses a put. It was classic! You'd have thought Vad just fumbled again.